Chapter 2

I wake up and the sky is dark. I decide to wander into the school, and of course I get lost. I am starving by the time I find the cafeteria. Many of the meals are meat, possibly because all the kids here are so big... Im guessing. I literally  look like a doll compared to them.

I head to the serving line and get a LA style pizza with grapes and a sparkling apple drink. As I head to the end of the line I see a flat touch screen surface instead of a cash register and cashier. As I gradually get closer to the machine I try to see how it works. I'm still completely clueless by the time I'm at the surface. Thankfully the guy behind me sees my struggle. "You have to type your name in and it scans your food through the plate to see what you got to eat," he explains. "Thank you," I mumble before trying it out. Just as I finish typing he quickly says a little too loudly "I'm Daniel. Daniel Roy in 9th grade."

As I'm walking away I wonder if I'll be in any of the same classes. I've never thought of a boy before, why am I now? I sit down at a vacant seat at an empty table and think about the question.

I finish the meal and hurry to bed. I want to be up nice and early for my first day of school.