Chapter 7 Miss fortune

7 hours after what happened back in the flare. Our boss decides to take action of what happened. He was summoned to court and me and the gang had to go because we were the only ones capable of telling what happened.

"Former Chief Inspector Lehn Randell Gaters. As a man of honor,we ask of you to tell us what happened on the top of the building?"

"Your honor. I believe we've encounter one of the cult's admin back there. We could not stop him. He held the employees as their hostages."

"Was he demanding the hostage's lives for your surrender?"

"No your honor. The admin intentionally warned us not to get closer. At that point, they have their hands at one of the Beta weapon that the faculty has been working on. They made a modification to the device which could render the victim's mind. As soon as he fired,the people became disoriented. We were warned about their plans concerning with the powerful man on the city."

"So they conspire to kill the most powerful man? Did he point his fingers to the president or did he mentioned something far more obscure?"

"I believe he mentioned something more obscure. I mean we don't know maybe there is someone greater than the president."

"Are you implying to us that the president is not and I quote" the most powerful man on this country we are standing?"

"By all means necessary,I think we need to figure things out."

"You may move away from the seat."

"I don't like the face of thy honor. He seems to be puzzled by your findings."-(Pharos)

" I shall dismiss all of you for a little while. We'll be discussing our matters into our own hands. Dismissed!"

"Woah that's hot! What's in there kid?"

"Fortune cookies from my usual Chinese restaurant. I figure that getting some of these babies out ta loosen me up." -(Steve)

"Are those for someone?"

"Ah no actually I bought these for myself. Might I say take something hot then buy some more hot. You're welcome to have some. My girlfriend and my parents should be in a while. I'll see you back."

"Yeah and I'll be taking some."

"I only need one. Sigh... These days out ta be good for advice."-(Lehn)

"I got a few errands to run. See you back."-(Pharos)

Few hours later...

" Bummer! These jobs have restrictions. How can I make up for myself? This is a new world to me. I can't go running like nothings up. My my look at the time nay feel the time. I must maintain my hunger bar to a normal state. The cookies? Yes I forgot I picked myself up a stock of these."

I ate those cookies for the first time but I spewed it out and people laughed at how I ate the cookie.

"What's wrong? That's not how you eat cookies in these parts?"

"Pardon man but you must split the cookie and read it's fortune. Well your doing good but you forgot to read your fortune. Try to break the cookie first and eat and read the description in the thin paper."

"Hmm? OK."

I grabbed my fortune that came out of my mouth and read it but what happened then...

"The future ahead of you lies with garbage." Well I am going to the garbage to throw you away."

I walked to the garbage can to throw the fortune. Little did I know, the fortune was telling the truth. I got attacked by one of those city rats. You know, the fat fellas that everyone sees out in the litters of the streets. Yeah one of them attacked me.