Chapter Five

3rd POV
----------

Tsukishima hopped off the bus at about about 10 pm feeling the cool night air sting his face. Then walking up to the door of his house he unlocked it seeing the light on in the kitchen. Which was unusual considering his family was usually asleep by then.

Putting down his things and slipping off his shoes he walked into the kitchen, finding his parents along with Akiteru at the kitchen table. Worry was stricken in their faces.

His mother was on the phone talking to someone. She was speaking softly so he was unsure as to what she was saying.

When he walked in his father beckoned him to sit down before breaking the news.

"Kageyama is missing, Kei. He told your mother he was going to stay at a friend's house well you were gone. But he didn't come back when he said he would. We tried calling him, texting him, everything but we haven't heard back from him"

Tsukishima struggled to take in the information trying to process it quickly. He had felt his heart drop as soon as the words left his mother's mouth. He felt his chest begin to ache and the pressure of anxiety and worry rise within it.

"H-he doesn't have any close friends that aren't on the volleyball team. I don't know who's house he would stay at."

His fathers faced morphed into a state of almost panic. "Kei how about you and Akiteru go and search his room, see if you can find anything"

The boys nodded, walking up to Kageyama's room, leaving their parents to discuss in the kitchen. Akiteru looked in the nightstand and around the bed while Tsukishima looked at Kageyama's desk.

He opened the bottom drawer of the desk finding a small green notebook. One he had never seen before.

Flipping it open he called his brother over. "Look at this"

On the first page was the name of a hostel as well as a second address. Akiteru quickly punches the address into his phone shocked at the fact that it was just over 8 hours away by drive.

"What the hell could he possibly need to do 8 hours from here, if that's even where he went" Tsukishima muttered before turning the page his suspicions being confirmed.

There was a list of potential dates, all of them being when Tsuki would be away.

The middle blocker felt a twinge of pain in his chest knowing that his boyfriend hadn't wanted him to know where he was going.

He wasn't sure if Kageyama just didn't trust him or what. But he did know that he was going to bring him back somehow.

The two boys walked downstairs to report their findings. And by the end of it the group of four came to a decision. Tsukishima, Akiteru and his father would make their way to the address and the hostlel the next morning while his mother waited at home by chance he returned.

Deciding they would leave early the family went to bed soon after talking, awaiting the day ahead of them.

They had known driving through the night wouldn't be good on Tsukishima's father. Having just worked a full day, there was no way he would be equipped to handle 8 hours of driving.