Chapter 10

LANCELOT

Eowyn, Merlin and Gwen were at the training ground. Arthur had brought his last test forward. So Lancelot and Arthur were standing a few feet in front of each other, dressed in their knight costume and their swords in their hands. After Arthur nodded to the timekeeper, the fight began. The sound of the clashing swords was resonated in the air. Eowyn was nervously watching them fighting, hoping that Lancelot would win the fight, making him a knight. But Lancelot swung his sword toward Arthur but the Prince dodged. Arthur then punched Lancelot, making him fall back, as his helmet fell off. When Eowyn saw that he was standing up, she sighed, saddened and disappointed that Lancelot hadn't won. She thought, just like everyone else that it was the end. Arthur put his sword in the ground, removed his helmet and took Lancelot's flag. But to the surprise of everyone, Lancelot got up and tripped Arthur, making him fall. He quickly stood on his feet and pointed his sword at him. Eowyn was proud of Lancelot. She was proud to see that he won. But quickly, worry took over her as she saw two guards seizing Lancelot and forcing him on his knees after Arthur demanded it. The Prince pointed his sword at Lancelot, making Eowyn's heart stopped. But Arthur lowered his sword, making Eowyn confused.

"Congratulation, Lancelot," Arthur said as he sheltered his sword. "You're now a knight of Camelot," he added. Eowyn widely smiled, beaming at the news. Both Gwen and Eowyn hugged each other, happy for their friend.

After the training, Lancelot was officially made a knight of Camelot during his knighting by King Uther. Eowyn couldn't be more proud of him. His dream finally became a reality. Everything that he dreamed of was now real. She just hoped that it would last. He deserved it so much. Later in the day, a feast had been organized for the new knight. It was an important day for Lancelot so Eowyn wanted to dress well. That was why she decided to wear her royal blue dress, the same one she wore during the celebration of the twentieth anniversary of the Great Purge. Eowyn arrived at the feast with Morgana and Gwen. She felt like she didn't see Morgana for days.

"How are you feeling, Eowyn? Did you rest enough?" Morgana asked, concerned for her friend. She wanted to check if she was feeling better if she recovered since Merlin almost died.

"Yes, my Lady. I'm feeling very well. You don't have to worry," Eowyn reassured. "It was traumatizing but now that my brother is alright, I'll try my best to go forward,"

"You're really brave," Gwen said, side hugging her friend as the three of them started walking.

"You too, Gwen. It must have been hard for you," Eowyn said.

"It was but he's okay now. That's what matters," Gwen said, softly smiling at the thought of Eowyn's brother. And Morgana's noticed that.

"Merlin's a lucky man," the Lady said, playfully smirking making Eowyn smile as Gwen blushed.

"What?! No, I, no, we, he's just a friend," Morgana's maid stuttered, embarrassed. But both Eowyn and Morgana knew their friend too well. Gwen couldn't lie to them.

"Don't worry, your secret is safe with us," Eowyn playfully said, nudging a blushing Gwen that was hiding behind her hands, as Morgana laughed.

Sat on a table, both Arthur and Lancelot were watching Eowyn and Morgana as the two girls stopped near a table. Gwen told them she would be talking with Merlin and Eowyn and Morgana could help but tease their friends. Lancelot's eyes were glued on Eowyn who was laughing with Morgana as Arthur's eyes were glued on Morgana. The Lady noticed it and smirked at the Prince, not looking as she eat a grape. Morgana knew how beautiful she was and she loved playing with it. Eowyn noticed where Morgana was looking and couldn't help but smile.