EVERGREEN

BY JESS GIBBONS 

                                         "There are no secrets that time does not reveal" 

                                                                                   Jean Racin

Chapters: 

1 The Departure 

2 A Mystery Begins 

3 Another Mystery 

4 A Ghost of A Girl

5 When Two Become One 

6 The Hunt 

7 Love Is All What It Takes

Chapter 1

The Departure 

"I dreamt of cyclones raiding a place that was familiar yet unfamiliar to me. I dreamt of a little girl running and the cyclone getting closer, closer and..." 

I bolted upright. It was almost 10:00 am and the light was searing all the way around the room through the blinds. 

  Ugh, what a dream,   

I rubbed my eyes letting the morning dawn upon me. "Isabel let's go," my mother called from downstairs "We don't want to be late." "Alright just give me 5 minutes to get ready." "Okay, but remember this is your father's holiday so make it count." After a couple of minutes, I came downstairs in a singlet top and a pair of jeans with my suitcase in my hand. Vacations were always hard for me because of the choice of clothes. I always choose too much but I managed to only pack essential clothes this time. I figured that since it's summer I might as well only bring swimmers, shorts, short-sleeved tops and two best dresses in case I went out. "Come on," Mum said, "Dad's already in the car." I followed her out before turning to look at my house and taking it in, as I knew I would not see it for a while...

The waves crash silently beneath us as the boat moves calmly across the water. I let the sun warm my face as I read my book. Mum and Dad are looking at the view it's quite lovely I could almost draw it. Unfortunately, I didn't bring my set of colours, so I go back being lost in the world of reading and imagination.