a trophy father's trophy son

Michael shut the door to his car, black boots smacking the black top that lead to his apartment building. He locked the vehicle from the clicker on his key chain when he reached the entrance and pulled the door, holding it open for a middle aged woman with a toddler gripping her arm. He had long, blonde hair with honey eyes and he gaped at Michael, pointing to the hair on his head. His mom paid no attention and Michael didn't even see her face, until the young boy tugged on her arm. She turned around, Michael recognizing her as the woman that lived on the same floor as him, a few apartments down. She blinked her brown eyes a few times before a frown drew on her face. 

"Listen, I know I don't know you, but I heard about your boyfriend and I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." She (Michael was convinced her name was Caroline) picked her son up underneath his arms and balanced him on her hip.

Michael bit his cheek. "Yeah. Me too. Have a nice night." Michael was ready to let the door shut when Caroline stopped him, brown hair falling in her face.

"I really am. Trevor's father died in a car accident," Michael looked at the young boy, with the sweet honey eyes and chubby baby cheeks. He looked at his mother, her seemingly endless chocolate curls. Her blue eyes weren't the only thing that didn't match her son's looks. He must've taken after his father, "It does get easier. The pain. I promise."

Michael gave the woman a weak smile as she took her foot out from behind the door letting it fall. He watched as she strapped her son in and left the lot.

Michael only hoped that she was right.

--

A Trophy Father's Trophy Son - Sleeping With Sirens

this song is more for little trevor dangit 

ily guys 

-mom