Chapter 3

FRESH WOUND

Wounded (adjective)

1. inflicted with a wound.

~ RAVEN POV ~

Exactly 11.73 minutes into the ball, I heard muffled cries. I looked around to see if anyone else had noticed it, but everyone seemed to be totally unaware. My ears pricked up trying to determine which direction it was coming from. Another four cries came. I could tell that the voice it belonged to was a young woman's and that she was crying and cursing in Italian. If she was apart of the Italian Mafia and they found out that one of their crew was being held hostage, the Russian's were fucked. And I mean absolutely, monumentally fucked.

I stood up, grabbed my purse and started walking towards the hysteria. Once I was in a creepy ass corridor I knew I was close. And when two guards standing in front of a metal door, I knew it was time to have some fun.

~*~*~*~

Now, here were are. Me untying a 14-year-old, like seriously which sick mother fucker thought it would be fucking rational to kidnap, a 14 fucking old. Her lip is cut and a trail of blood is running down her nose. "Who are you?! I swear if you're going to fucking kidnap me too, I will punch your tits!" Ok wow, I fucking love this girl.

"Don't worry dolcezza (Italian: sweetie). The only thing I'm going to do is to kill every mother fucker that comes at us," The girl squints in suspicion.

"Did my brother send you? Because that asshole was supposed to get pick me up! You can tell Christian, that his lazy culo (Italian: ass) can come get me," I smirk. This girl has some balls defying her big brother like that. But then again all us women are bad bitches.

"Sorry to burst your bubble, I work for the Americans. What's your name?" I ask.

"Carina Ricci, at your service miss America mafia," she sticks out her now free hand for me to shake it. I accept happily. Ah, the famous Ricci family. AKA Italian fucking mafia. My dad had never done business with them just in case something went sideways and they got pissed. As we're walking I hand her Jamie (my gun), and take Angelica for myself "You know how to use it?" She nods.

Footsteps start echoing towards us from around the corner. I pull Carina against wall and angle myself so I'm covering her partly. I can take a bullet but I don't think she can.

"Enzo, am I close?" there's a pause. I assume he's talking into an ear bug or phone. The man grunts, "Enzo... what the fuck do you mean by 'the hot girl in the pink dress and gold mask took her?" Another pause. Carina looks to me trying to contain her laughter. "She's around the corner listening?" He says. Carina couldn't hold it in any longer. Laughter vibrates throughout the corridor as the man's footsteps slowly approach us.

"Carina? Come out now." Carina shakes her head.

I step around the corner to face the guy. "I would advise against that sir," Holy fuck... this guy is a snack. Even though he was wearing a mask, hotness radiated off him. "So I guess according to your buddy I'm hot?" I carelessly shrug examining Angelica's sharp blade. The guy completely ignores my comment.

"Where's my fucking sister?" Ok so, he's the brother, obviously.

"Christian Ricci, I'm assuming?" He raises his gun and points at my heart. Carina steps around the corner her arms folded over her chest. Christian's eyes widen as he sees his beat-up little sister holding a gun. "While you were fucking around with your hoes, I was getting kidnapped asshole. If it wasn't for this woman, I would've been in a meat grinder!"

"Carina I told Jaden to go pick you up! And don't fucking talk to me like that!" He then turns to me, "And who the fuck are you?"

"The badest bitch you'll ever meet."