Prologue Part 1: Money

Gemma POV:

"Gemma!"

"What!?"

I looked up from my phone to meet the eyes of my little sister. She'd just rushed into my room, and was standing at my door slightly out of breath. I smiled at the sight and sat up. "What's going on?" I put my phone down, waiting for an answer.

"Liliana, just tell me what it is you want, I can read it all over your face." She sighed and met my eyes.

"I need you to sit in the car with me while I drive, one of my friends from Korea is coming to America and I told her I would be able to pick her up." 

"Since when did you have a friend from Korea? You can't even speak Korean." I rolled my eyes as I grabbed my phone gluing my eyes back to the boy on the screen. My gaze wasn't there long though as it was ripped from my hands almost instantly. "Hey!"

"Stop obsessing over him please, he isn't worth it. Especially not after what he did."

Her words made me tense immediately, as tears threatened to appear. I heard her sigh from behind me, a moment later her hands were wrapped around me, I relaxed a little. "I didn't mean to upset you." Of course I know she didn't mean it, it just made me upset because that's exactly what I was doing and I know I shouldn't be.

"I know." I hugged her back. "Let's go." I pushed her away from me and grabbed a sweater. I glanced at her and she looked stunned. I smirked as I moved past her. "Cat got your tongue?" She grabbed my wrist and I looked back at her.

"No more questioning?" She raised her eyebrows.

I laughed, "I'm bored anyways, and I'm very intrigued to see your so called Korean friend."

"That's fine by me."

________________________________

"It smells so much like coffee in here."

"Your fine."

"I don't understand how people put up with this." She started laughing at me.

We were currently waiting outside of a gate for Liliana's so called "Korean" friend to get off her plane. I sighed as I pulled out my phone and started scrolling. Liliana sat across from me lifting her eyebrows at my sudden actions.
" what? It's not my friend getting off that plane." She just smiled and shrugged.

In retrospect I probably should've noticed what was going on but I didn't.

A few minutes later an announcement came on saying that a flight was landing from New York. I lifted my gaze from my phone as she stood up. "Liliana, your Korean friend is coming from New York?" She tensed. "T-they had a delay." I smiled, absolutely not believing that one bit. "O-kay." She left to get her friend as I was left alone with my thoughts. Naturally they wandered back to my ex; Braydon. Who I'd just come out of a relationship with. It was toxic but when it wasn't it was so good, I was happy. One day he just took it too far, he couldn't be forgiven for what he did that day. I was so infatuated with him, it's hard to break that habit that your mind has. It's been really hard going from talking to him everyday, to not at all.

I can't get him out of my head, but I really really wish I could.

"BITCH!"

My eyes snapped open and tears threaten to spill out of my eyes almost immediately, as I heard her voice yell out to me. I was able to instantly recognize her. 

No way.

I turned around and saw her. Her tanned skin, light brown hair and hazel eyes met mine and she smiled. I broke.