CHAPTER 19

Royce rushed into her hotel room and packed her belongings. She didn't know what was happening to her. Joe made her feel the way she did with him when they first started their fling. Maybe it never went away. But she felt... So wrong. It was Neels. Neels was the one she was supposed to be with. The one she was supposed to be getting married to.

She quickly took off the dress and changed into sweatpants and a jacket. She grabbed her suitcase and held the dress, rushing out of the hotel room. Practically sprinting down the long hallway, the elevator dinged. Joe stepped out and went towards her. God the universe really hates her today.

"Royce," Joe approached her. "I really need to talk to you."

"Not now Joe, I have to go." She shooed him off and continued walking.

"No I really need to talk to you." Joe grabbed her arm. "What.... What the hell is going on?"

"With what?" Royce looked at the time in her phone.

"Us." Joe said. "Back there at the.. the party. Our dance. This doesn't make any sense."

"Nothing is going on Joe." Royce harshly stated. "I'm engaged remember?"

He let out a sarcastic laugh and stuck his hands in his pocket. "Really? So all friends help you zip your dress up? Oh and not to mention, wear the bra they bought them?"

"You saw what bra I was wearing?!" She gasped. "I don't have time for this, I really need to go."

Baby Visser💍🖤: Presley you there? I booked your flight, you at the airport yet?

Royce read the message and attempted to walk away from Joe again. "Joe I need to go, I'm gonna miss my flight."

"You're going back to LA?" He asked. "Roy just, god, can you look at me?" He tugged her dress she had in her hand.

Royce grunted and pulled the dress back. "Let it go!"

"Friends don't just do the stuff we did!" Joe tugged it once more. "Friends don't call you in the middle of the night, couldn't even tell you why. Just felt like saying hi."

"Did you forget I just passed time for you?" She reminded him. "Joe please let go, I have to go now!"

"You need to talk to me damnit!"

"No I don't!"

"I deserve at least five minutes of your time!"

"I don't have five minutes to spare, let it go!"

"You let it go!"

"It's my dress!"

Rippp

Royce gasped and looked at her dress. It was all ripped up. She took in a deep breath and threw the remains at him. "Look what you did!"

"Me? That was you!" Joe yelled back at her.

Royce grabbed her suitcase, "I gotta go."

"Royce! Cmon!" Joe called out.

"I'm getting married!" Royce stepped in the elevator. "You're too late."

Joe clenched his jaw. "Guess I am."

The elevator began to close, he stood in front of the closing doors.

"Royce." Joe breathed out.

"Joe." She did the same.

The doors closed and she leaned against the cool walls of the elevator. She watched the numbers of the floors go lower and lower. And further away from Joe.