Chapter 5

I woke up surprisingly without a pounding head. Minho had came over just in time to unlock the door for me. But I accidentally pulled on the door which made him fall in the pit. I got up and he was lying down on the ground. I went over to him and sat on his stomach. He looked up at me with a smirk. He rolled over so that he was on top now. But he was holding himself up with his arms so he wouldn't squish me. He looked at me in the eyes and I suddently felt him leaning in. Someone opened the door and Minho immediately stood up so that I was just laying on the floor. He helped me up and we were both greeted by Newt.

"Sleep well last night?" he smirked. I just laughed at them and told them I needed to go for a run. I was in the woods and I just started to examine the skeletons for a second until I heard a noise. I looked up,

"Oh hey ben, I don't think we've talked. I'm Lila" I put my hand out for him to shake it but instead, he ran after me and tackled me to the ground. I screamed and punched him in the face as I got up and ran for my life. He continued to chase after me and tackled me again. He tried to choke me and I couldn't breathe. I grabbed the nearest thing and slammed it on his head.

"HELP!!!" I screamed.

"HELP!!!" As I ran out of the forest, everyone saw us and I got tackled again. Oh what the hell. If I don't handle him then I'd look like someone that always needs to be looked after. I slowly got up and punched him. Following by a kick in the stomach and in the legs. I pushed him on the floor so that I was straddling him and I punched him until he stopped trying to hurt me. He was unconscious. The others were already over here now and I was bombarded with questions.

"What happened"

"Are you okay"

"Why is he not awake"

Alby came over and looked at Ben.

"Lift up his shirt!" he said. I did as told and there was a black dot with black, crooked lines going everywhere.

"That only means one thing.." Gally whispered. What were they talking about?

"He's been stung." Newt whispered, not believing it himself.

"How? Is there something that I haven't been told?" I desperately asked.

"Sweetheart, the only reason we haven't gotten out of this place is because in that maze, there are these things that sting you. We call them grievers" Minho explained with a hint of 'how did you not know that' in his voice.

Minho, Alby, Gally, Newt & I got him and took him to a place where he would hurt no one when he wakes up.

We all gathered around to put Ben in the maze. Minho walked up with Ben and chucked him on the floor, cutting the rope so his hands could be free.  We had sticks to push him in just incase he didn't obey instructions. It was time. We all felt the wind and the strange noises coming from the maze. We all lined up the sticks and Minho chucked something in the maze for Ben.

"NOW!" Alby shouted. They all pushed him in, hearing the begs and pleads coming from him. Once he was in, everyone started walking away but I didn't move an inch. I was the last one standing there just staring at a wall once the doors had closed.

"What are you doing?" I jumped, not knowing anyone was there. I looked behind me and saw Minho standing there with guilt on his face.

"Why couldn't we just kill him there on the spot instead of letting him go through that torture of the maze?" I asked.

"Because they aren't the rules, Lila." He whispered.

"So if I got stung, you wouldn't hesitate to just push me in there to fend for myself and die a more painful way?" I yelled.

"Lila, don't think of that. Its not like that." He said, trying to calm me down.

"It sure as hell is and don't you fucking dare tell me otherwise" I said walking off.

(A.N! Don't forget to favourite this chapter!)