Chapter 2

I was picked up and dragged over to a tiny little cage. Two guys pushed me in and closed the door, locking me inside. I would never show how afraid I was though. I got up and walked towards the door which was made with a few trees tied together with string. I looked through it and was appalled at my surroundings. A guy appeared out of nowhere and stood right in front of me.

"Hey" he said. I jumped back as quick as I could and banged my head on the concrete. I clutched my head as I winced in pain.

"Are you alright?" he asked, worried. I slowly took my hands off my head as I looked up to see a brown guy staring at me. I put my hands back on my head and felt blood. Without even realizing, I wiped my hands across my forehead and managed to get blood across it.

"Yeah, I'm fine thanks" I whispered under my breath. He opened up the door and crouched down to see me properly.

"My name's Alby. Are you able to tell me about yourself, who you are, where you came from? Anything at all?" Alby asked. I repeatedly shook my head, freaking out and started rubbing my hands together.

"Can you tell me your name?" Alby asked again. I shook my head again.

"I can't remember anything. Why can't I remember anything? I barely whispered.

"Relax, it happened to everyone. It happened to me. Your name will come back in a few days. That's the only thing they let us keep." Alby explained.

He held out his hand obviously wanting to show me around. I faked a smile and took his hand.

We walked out into the land where everyone else was.

"We eat here, sleep here, grow our own food here and build our own shelter."  Alby explained. I nodded, understanding everything he was saying. A blonde haired guy walked over. He introduced himself and his name was Newt. He also had a really strong accent which I loved.

"Before when you ran away, I thought you had the chops to be a runner.. until you faceplanted." Newt said, giggling at the last part as he strolled off looking for someone.

"We have 3 rules. First, do your part. Second, never harm another glader. Most importantly, never go beyond those walls." I nodded at everything he said, processing every little bit of it.

(A.N! Don't forget to favourite this chapter!)