01: TO OUR NEW LIFE

I sigh and run my hand through my messy black hair

I sigh and run my hand through my messy black hair. My tired hazel eyes are fixed in the notebook that lays in front of me. I lift my pen. A frown is on my face. Should I keep doing this?

"You still gonna write those dumb letters?" Damon questions with a smirk. His voice snaps me out of my thoughts and I glance up. He stares at me with his bright blue eyes.

He was blaring loud music from the radio. It was killing my ears but I stayed in my seat.

"Shut up, Damon," I snap. It was the only way to cope up with what had happened four months ago. "It helps me. Now turn down the music."

He rolls his eyes and flips his pancake. "You do you, Alessia," he says dramatically with a shrug. His eyes are fixed on the pancake which he places on a plate. He turns down the volume on the radio. "We all know we're not making it out."

Four months ago, I had come to this world with Damon and Bonnie. It was May 10, 1994, back then and it is now. The date never changes. We looked for our loved ones but they weren't here. We were stuck.

The first month, I had barely come out of my room. It was too hard.

I just stared at the ceiling from dusk till dawn thinking about how my life had turned out. I am Alessia Granger, an orphan. Bonnie's grandma took me in when I had lost my parents. I was ten back then with too much weight on my shoulders. Bonnie and I become friends instantly.

She introduced me to Elena and Caroline. It was always us four in the hallways of Mystic Falls Highschool, laughing and talking. Then Stefan and Damon came along. Everything changed after that.

Here, Bonnie, would bring me food and tell me it would be alright.

Damon, on the other hand, forced me to come out in the third week. He dragged me outside. By that I mean, he picked me up and threw me over his shoulder and took me downstairs while I screamed at him and Bonnie stared at him in surprise.

When he had placed me on the counter, we had all burst laughing. It was the first time any of us had genuinely laughed.

After that, we had done everything together. We ate, tried to find a way out, and slept. It was the same cycle. Over and over again. I was thankful to at least have two of my close friends with me. I would have gone insane without anyone to talk to.

I slam my notebook shut and glare at him. "Stop being such a pessimist," I snap. "I know things have been - "

"Miserable," Damon spat. He puts the maple syrup on the pancake and places it in front of me. "It sucks to be here. Especially since I'm stuck with your dumb ass and Bon-Bon's."

I stick my tongue out. "Guess it does sucks that you're stuck with us," I say with a smirk. "And for the record, I have a cute ass."

Damon chuckles and rolls his eyes.