08: SHE KNEW

(Bonnie's p

(Bonnie's p.o.v)

Damon and I land right beside each other. I wake up first and rush towards him. "Damon!" I shout weakly.

He gasps and opens his eyes. He gets up quickly. "Al," he whispers. He looks around. "Al! Al!"

Flashes of what had happened reply in my head in a never-ending loop. Alessia on the other side, bleeding from her wound and nose. A puddle of blood surrounded her. Her using her magic - which she shouldn't have because it made her condition worse - for Damon and I. Her faint smile as she tells us what to tell others.

I start crying again. I tell myself to hold it together but I can't. Tears stream freely down my eyes. Alessia was the only family I had left and I had lost her too. My heart aches for her.

I get up as I see Damon calling out her name and looking for her. We're in the graveyard. "Damon," I say weakly. "Damon!"

He stops and glances at me. His eyes are wide with unshed tears. "She sacrificed herself for us," Damon says. His face twists into guilt. He lets out a loud angry noise and punches his fist against a tree.

I wipe my tears quickly and harshly. I frown slightly and I sniffle. "Wait, she gave me something," I whisper. Damon hears me and speeds to my side.

I take out the folded paper from my pocket and unfold it with my shaken hands. I take a deep breath as I read it out:

"Hey, Damon and Bonnie,

If you're reading this, you have no idea how happy I am right now for you guys. You made it out!

I think I'm dead right now. To be honest, I'm not really sure. I'm writing this letter while Damon is babbling on about his 1994 story.

I had a feeling, Bonnie. Remember the ones I got when I knew something bad was about to happen? When you told me to come with you to the mall and I said no because of the feeling? I almost got run over by a car that day. So, when I got it now, I wasn't taking any chances.

You two deserve happiness. Damon, you're in love with Elena and I'm sure you guys are going to go out on a date to make up for everything. Bonnie, Jeremy is waiting for you. I hope you guys get together and talk about the endless things you've missed. I ship it!

For me, I don't have anyone. I only ever loved one guy. It was Kol. I miss him but he died two years ago. That doesn't mean, I'm about to go on this suicide mission because of him.

I know that I won't be able to make it. My magic is weird because of Esther. That backstabbing (LITERALLY), witch bitc-

Never mind, I'm keeping this PG;) I'm doing this for you guys. Please, move on and be happy.

Ugh. I think Kai just started snoring. I wish I could take a pillow and shove it in his face. Ugh.

I'm trying not to cry as I write this. Ahaha. You guys have no idea what I'm up to right now. Damon, you're drinking and Bonnie is too focused on your story. Please don't beat yourself over what you did years ago, Damon. You're better now.

Please don't shed any tears for me. I left in peace. Tell Stefan, I missed him every day. I missed him so much. I miss our friendship and I'm so sorry I can't go to Europe with him. I miss everyone. I wish I could see you guys one last time and hug the living hell out of all of you before I left but life isn't like that.

Tell everyone I found peace. It would be better. I love you guys so much. I'm going to see Kol again.

Yours truly,

Alessia Granger"

When I finish, I can't stop my tears. I'm sobbing really hard. "She knew she was about to die," I whisper and fall to the ground.

Damon falls on his knees beside me. He's still staring at the parchment in my hands. He has a grieved expression on his face. And just like that, he looks at me and wraps his arms around me.

I don't hesitate to wrap mine around his. I feel his tears against the back of my neck. We stay like that for what feels like hours as we grieve Alessia.

I sniffle and pull away. "What are we telling the others?" I question quietly.

He takes a deep breath. "What Alessia wanted us to tell them," Damon says. His voice is filled with guilt. He misses her too.

I nod. We'll respect her wishes. Of course, we will. I feel like screaming. I want her back. I want my best friend, my sister, my family back.

I hold back the tears as I stare at Damon. He gets up and his face twists into anger. "If Kai ever gets out," he whispers in a dangerous tone. "I'm ripping out his throat."