Chapter 5

Just like that Luna left without another word and within just seconds got back home and climbed up the porch to the rooftop and then into her room. She sat down her wooden sword and turned around, only to see that her grandpa was sitting there on her bed.
"Crap." She said to herself.
"Where've you been young lady?" He asked.
"On a night stroll." Luna chuckled nervously.
"Uh Hm...with a wooden sword, my hunting coat and out the window." He reminded her.
"What were you doing, seeing the fact that you even too my coat?" He asked.
"Nothing, nothing, don't worry about it, I was just trying to be extra careful." Luna laugh nervously.
"Hand over the coat." He demanded.
Luna quickly took off the coat and handed it over to him. He took a quick sniff at it and then stare at her.
"Demons." He suddenly spoke.
Luna stare at him nervously and then got down on her knees.
"I'm terribly sorry, I went to the demon world to go and help out a friend of mine out on a sticky situation and forgot all about time!" she suddenly wailed.
"Fine, since you confess, I'll lessen your punishment, you're under house surveillance for a week." He concluded.
"What!!!! A week, that's too long!" Luna winned.
"What, you want two weeks then?" Her grandpa added.
"No..." Luna suddenly stopped complaining.
"Good, then until you behave yourself, I'll be keeping an eye on you for a week." Her grandpa tells her.
He walked out and then said, "Dinner is ready, come and eat with me."
Luna then dash after him and the two of them went to eat.
For a whole week, Luna spent her time staying inside, and because it was finally summer break, somehow her grandpa knew about it, and here she is stuck inside, doing chores. Luckily, Lent still shows up sometimes to see her and some classmates came to see her, but other than that she didn't really do much.
For a whole week, she cleaned and cook and just simply laid on the floor, bored. But, right after the end of the week, she set up some plans with her classmates to go to the beach. Her grandpa was kind of skeptical about it at first, but she managed to persuade him about letting her go.
When she was finally granted permission, Luna packed up her things, and since she was going to be there for a week she prepared everything well. Her classmates came to pick her up and they drove down to the beach, everyone had fun for two days, then they all decided to head back home and Luna decided to stay.
"You sure, you're going to be okay on your own?" one of her classmate asked.
"Yeah, don't worry, my grandpa is coming to pick me up in two days, so I can stay here a bit longer." She lied.
"So lucky!" the girls squealed.
"Wish my mom would let us stay longer but she's complaining about her sunburn so, we're heading back first. See you around!" one of the classmate waved at Luna as the car then drove off.
"Finally, some time to myself." Luna sighed.
She ran to her room and changed her clothing, take her wooden sword and bag then went out onto the beach and wandered off. Before she knows it, she had returned to the demon world.
"Lent, long time no see, how've you been?" Luna greeted him as he waited for her.
"Same as usual." Lent chuckled.
"Took you long enough to get back? You busy or something?" The lord asked as he stepped out from the side.
"Why is he here?" Luna asked Lent.
"I was bored and wanted to see what Lent was up to, so I tag along." The lord answered anyways.
Luna look around the place and then said, "Looks like it's been raining? Is everything alright?"
Lent stare at her and then said, "Yeah everything's fine, why'd you ask?"
"Nothing, just that I noticed that the demon world has become more damp and humid." Luna tells him.
"You've got kin sense for a brat." The lord suddenly commented.
Luna glare at him and then let out a sigh.
"Listen you two, I'm going friend hunting, I told my grandpa, I'll be spending my vacation with my classmates, but they left early so I'm thinking about spending time here in the demon world instead, want to tag along?" Luna asked.
"Friend hunting?" The lord questioned.
"What? You don't have any friends in the human world or something?" He asked.
"If I did, would I be here?" Luna glared at him.
He shrugged and then said, "You do know that making demons your friend isn't all that good right?"
"Yeah, so?" Luna bluntly spoke.
"So, you should be careful. Not all demons are trustworthy." The lord tells her.
"Don't worry about me." Luna tells him.
"I've got some sweets ready for the weak hearted demons." Luna chuckled.
The lord stared at Lent and then said, "You do know that Lent isn't in his actual form, right?"
"My lord?!" Lent exclaimed in shock, trying to stop him.
Luna stare at Lent then she shrugged, "Grandpa told me that every demon has an actual form, but not all demons can transform."
Lent stare at her and then she said, "It's fine if you don't show me your true form, I don't mind either, I don't want to force a friend to do something they don't want."
Just like that she led the way down the mountain and into town.
She walked to any demon along the way and started good conversations with them but none of them would stay long enough for her to ask if they could meet again since everyone is so busy, and with a demon lord following her, no one really wanted to talk to her.
"Luna, let's get something to eat, I'm hungry." Lent asked.
"Fine, let's go." Luna spoked in a low tone.
"You seem frustrated, something the matter?" The lord asked.
Luna let out a sigh and then said, "Thanks to you, walking around me and all, everyone is scared to even approach me."
Just then out of nowhere a group of demons dragged another demon out of the restaurant and tossed him on the ground.
"Leave this place and never come back!" Shouted one of the big demon as he walked in and shuts the door behind him and the other demon.
"Wait! You don't understand!" The guy on the ground shouted as he got up and bangs away at the door.
"Don't kick me out, I haven't even talked to her properly!" The desperate guy shouted.
"You alright there?" Luna asked.
The desperate guy turned his attention towards Luna and then began to cry.
"They're all so mean!" He wailed.
Luna picked him off the ground and then dust off the dirt from his clothing, took out a candy and handed it over to him.
"Have this and cheer up." Luna patted him on the back.
He stared at the candy then at Luna and then smiled.
"You know, you're a really nice person." He tells her.
"Want to be friends?" He asked.
Luna was kind of shocked but then she smiled and without hesitation she agreed.
"Want to chat for a bit?" He asked her.
Luna nod her head and then followed him.
Suddenly the lord stopped her. "Where do you think you're going?" He asked.
"To chat with my new friend." Luna answered.
"He's not a friend, he's just lying." The lord tells Luna.
She turned towards the desperate guy and then he shook his head.
"Don't lie to me." Luna tells him.
"I told you I need a friend and he's the first one who accepted me, so I'll like to spend some time with him." Luna tells him off.
She turned around grabbed the desperate guy by the arm and then ran away.