Chapter 9

"You feeling alright?" Asel asked as he walked over with some food.
"Yeah, just a bit worried about grandpa back at home." She tells him.
"Want me to send him a letter?" Asel asked.
"Can you?!" Luna suddenly became for hopeful.
"Tell me what you want to write down and i'll record it." He says as he took out a notebook and a pencil.
"Shouldn't I write it, I mean grandpa might think become suspicious of the different handwriting and come storming in?" she tells him.
" Okay." He says as he handed the paper and pencil to her.
After two more days, with each day Asel coming and going, his brother finally came to visit.
"after tomorrow, you will be dancing, so prepare yourself." He tells her.
"I told you already, I'm not going along with this dance." She bluntly tells him.
"And why are you being so stubborn?!" he shouted at her.
"Because a dancing oni will have to marry the next head of the clan." She finally tells him.
"What are you talking about, that's nonsense." He says without knowing anything.
"It's true, grandpa told me about it, and he's a demon hunter." Luna confessed.
He stared at her still confused and then turned around and walked away.
That night Asel can to see her.
"Don't hate big brother, he's only trying to get attention from my parents who are neglecting him." He tells her.
"Neglecting? What are you talking about?" Luna asked.
You see, big brother was born from the first wife along with two of his older brothers, but after her death, our father remarried and the second wife, my mother, give birth to me and my three other older siblings, after my father died, there was a competition as to who would become the next in line to be the head. And it seems like big brother really wanted to become the head, why? you might ask, brother was neglected by his older brothers and mother never pay attention to him or loved him. My siblings all bullied him and here he is, abused by his own family and in the end, still has room to love me, who was in a similar situation to him." He explained in detail.
He's just trying to prove to the other's that he's not powerless even when doing things on his own." Asel tells her.
"Did you know that the oni dance was what decides the bride for the head?" she asked.
"Yeah, that's how my mother became the second wife. She was the one dancing on that stage, and then afterwards she married our father."
"Does your brother know about this?" she asked.
"No, why?" he asked.
"he seems quite shock when I told him about it."
"Well he has no plan to get marry anytime soon so after the dance you can just return to your old life, sometimes if the dancer doesn't satisfy the head then he'll just let her go without actually marrying her." Asel explained.
"But I'm surprised you know about the Oni Wedding Dance." He chuckled.
Luna stared at him for a moment and then she said," I'll dance then."
Asel stare at her in shock and then he asked," are you going to marry big brother then?"
"Heck no!" she shouted.
"You said so yourself that if there's no attach feeling then I can walk away freely, that means after I dance I can leave." She reminded him.
"I did say that but..." he trails off.
"What?" Luna asked.
He stared at her and then shook his head," nothing, it's not important." He got up and then dash away.
The next morning, his older brother came by and checked up on Luna.
"I'll dance." Luna tells him.
He seems a bit surprised and was going to say something, but Luna interrupted him instead.
"But in exchange, you will not marry me, no matter what it is, deal?" she offered as she extended a hand.
He stared at her with a poker face and then grabbed her hand, "Deal."
That morning, they took Luna out of the cell and into a dressing room. As she stared into the night sky, she could hear that outside people has begun to gather.
"Miss you look so pretty in this kimono!" one of the maid complimented her.
"Your hair is so silky." Another claimed as she strokes her hair.
The maids dressed her up all morning and then applied make up on her, give her an oni mask and help her practice the dance all afternoon.
"You're a really good dancer and a quick learner at that too." Another maid complimented her.
"you'll look so lovely on stage." They all exclaimed in joy.
Luna let out a smirk and then they walked her out of the room and down the hall, outside, to the back of the stage.
Luna peeked through the stage blinds and stare at the audience. Thousands of demons were gathered around the stage, everyone anticipating the dance. Luna glance around quickly and then spotted Silver. It almost brought tears to her eyes, but then she held it in and look closer, next to him was Lent. It seems like the two of them were planning something, but Luna couldn't figure out what it was. She then turned her attention to the back and there was Asel and his brother seated side by side. No one else from his family was there. Just then the drumming sound began, and Luna stepped back behind the stage. A few supporting dancers went up first and began dancing as the music went on, and then Luna took a deep breath and covered her face. Five seconds and then she will be on.

Five, four, three, two, one. And boom the music intensified and the curtain rolled to the side. Luna extended her arm and then began to sway elegantly to the music. Her body, remembered all the practiced movement as she moved across the stage and twirled once, then twice. She watched as the crowd started cheering and stared in awe and then out of nowhere, she grabbed hold of the mask and took it off. The crowd cheered even louder and in the back Asel and his brother both stood up, mesmerized by her makeover. She moved around perfectly and powerfully and then without thinking added a bit power her own twist into the dance. With a bit of chanting she cast a beautiful magic spell on the surrounding ground and then the trees began to blossom, the grass began to grow, and flowers appeared everywhere. The crowd went wild. Luna then cast a wind spell and carried the flower petals towards her, it swirled around her magically in circles and then up towards the sky as the petals then began to fall back, sparkling like glitter onto everyone. She twirls around a few more times and then the music began to quiet down as Luna then strike a pose and ended the dance as a whole.