Chapter 10

Well-it was a exhausting day while we looked for Clara all around the island but we couldn't find her anywhere. I thought that there is no option left and I must go to the sea to find her. But this time Samantha told me that I shouldn't go because they might not let me come back to the human world. And I agreed with her too. So who was going to go in such depths and look for Clara without being caught? Carol volunteered to go. But I denied because she didn't even know the 'S' of swimming. Samantha couldn't because she had hurt her leg. Now there was no one left but just Madison. Even she didn't know swimming in a perfect way- she told that she will go. We went with her till the coast and she took a deep breath and dived in not that skillfully but yeah, we could say that her dive was pretty good!
She didn't even take 5 minutes to come back to us. I was thinking that Did she even go till the depths and had to come back to take an oxygen break but no I was wrong. She told that Clara was not further down she found her in the middle. She was being pulled by some mermaids to a palace like thing. And I knew exactly where they were taking her so without any ifs and buts, I dived in the sea and left my friends with their jaws dropped while I swam till the surface.

When I reached there, the mermaids who were forcefully dragging Clara with them left her arms and freed her.
Clara swam and hid behind me and I asked them "Who do you think you are? To carry my best friend like this way? You have no right to touch her!" Clara had almost tears of joy in her eyes! She whispered to me "That was a good one, girl!" I gave her a smile and winked at her and then again got my angry look and looked at the mermaids. They told me that "We are sorry your majesty, mermaid Brooklyn gave us news that mermaid Sophia was not taking good care of you and she is a human not a mermaid. So the queen, ordered us to get her right away. So we had to hurry. We can't unfollow the queen's orders."
I was so confused and I didn't understand a word they told. Making it unseen, I held Clara's hand and headed back to the land. But when we were about to reach the land, the queen and her guards stopped us. The queen told me "Why do you don't want to be with your mom, dear? Why do you think we are not saying the truth?" I finally answered losing it, "First of all you are not my mom! My mom is Claire and we live in NYC! That's New York if you don't know! And how can you call me your daughter? What proof do you have? I am fed up of all this words like Majesty! Tell me!" The queen finally answered "Look, baby girl, I know you don't believe me but yes, I can prove that you are my daughter, come with me I will show you your childhood pictures.

Picture? What picture?

I and Clara followed her towards her big gigantic and obviously an aquatic room! There she opened a huge chest box and there were a ton of photos with a frame of seashells. 

The baby girl in that photo was really me and I couldn't believe it! Because I didn't have a tail and how come my 'HUMAN' mother has the same pictures but with legs instead of tails?

I couldn't speak a word after seeing those photos. Then I asked her "Then, do you know that why did I lose my tail then?"

She answered me "My Honey puff, the day you lost your crown, you lost all your powers, you lost your tail and you lost your ability to breathe and talk underwater. But now destiny, has brought you here to be with me. Stay with your momma. You have got your ability to talk and breathe underwater. When you will get your crown, you will soon become a mermaid and after I die you can rule this kingdom with complete kindness and charming personality that you still have inside you. You know deep down you are where you are meant to be. But you will not believe us completely until and unless you get your crown. "My eyes gleamed while she told me my story but I still had like still a million questions to ask that where and when did I get my mom Claire? My dad? Those high schools and human lives? Am I adopted?! And more!
I told her "Ok fine, I believe you mum, but I need space for some more time to get my thoughts together please allow me and Clara to go back to the human world for one last time.
The queen (my unexpected supernatural mother) gleamed with happiness and told that I had finally accepted her as a mother and she allowed me to go to the human world again.