Chapter 17

When we turned around to look whose voice it was- we saw Alice but she was a ghost mermaid! A dead mermaid?

The voice said "I hope you remember me Athen-"

Who the hell is Athen?

The king said, "Wait-what did you just call me?"

'Athen', the voice repeated. "No-it can't be-how are you? No-please I don't want to lose you again!"
I had just one thought in mind - what is going on?
The evil queen said "Alice! How did you? No! It's not possible! No no no no no! This can't be happening!" I and Madison exclaimed losing it "Ok, enough of this drama-what is going on here ? This ghost mermaid is Alice. You were Alice, Alice lived on a tree house with us, and now Alice is a queen! Who are you Alice? A shapeshifter or something? or a person with a thousand personalities!" Alice didn't say us anything. She listened to us, and then turned her head away from us and looked towards Athen (the king), and said "It can't be-is she?" The king said "Yes she is." Then Alice and The king looked towards me and Madison and said "Our baby girls-look how much your girls have grown!"
We were like O-kay-so Alice has one more role now of OUR MOM?!
The queen said "WELL-ENOUGH OF THIS FAMILY DRAMA! Alice how did you even come back? I sacrificed your life to make me more powerful! You are dead!
"LIKE WE DON'T KNOW THAT SHE IS DEAD!" I and Madison shouted, sending shivers down the queen's spine for a second or so. Alice said "You can't kill her. It will reverse your spell and it will kill you instead. Only the girls can kill her. But they need to get their fr-"
"ALICE!? ALICE?!" the king said. "No please no-don't go-come back!" Alice said this in her last breath "The light it's getting closer- I- can't- s-tay- any longer- my beautiful baby girls- you have to believe me- you have to get your friends back, get your bracelet together and say our family phrase that is Long live the-" then we lost her.
Long live the what? "Oh no! Why does this keep happening? All of them go away or freeze on the main line!" Madison said.
I whispered to her "Long live the Athens and-" "no immortality for the evil." Madison continued. But we realized that we can't do it without our friends. "We lost- the evil has won-" said Madison. "WE LOVE YOU MOM. WE LOVE YOU ALICE." I and Madison said as we were about to give the bracelets to the queen who was laughing cunningly.

"DON'T!!!" Some voices said from behind. Which ghost is it now?

But when we looked back we started crying out tears of joy!! The voices were of Carol, Clara and Samantha! We never were so happy! "I missed you sweet monkeys." I said laughing and crying.
We hugged each other. The queen started shouting "NO! GIVE ME THE BRACELETS!" Madison said to her "You want the bracelets huh? How about this? Long live the Athens-" I cut her short and said "No we shouldn't kill her." The others exclaimed together WHAT?

I said "Yes. Remember what mother said? Not everyone is completely evil on the inside-" They all nodded. I took the bracelet from them and went towards the queen. "Here, you want the bracelets right? Take them. But remember, you were given immortality for a reason. God chose you for a good thing. But you are using your immortality for evil. It's not you who is making you do this. It's your greed and your ego. Now it's upon you, do what you want with the bracelets. What are we going to do with them? We just want to live a regular, crazy and exciting life! Take them." The queen took the bracelets from us and wore them. But instead of the evil villanic end, she spoke some magic words and everyone got some kind of current. And everyone became young!

Excluding us!

The queen who was very young and beautiful she became an old woman.
"She gave up her immortality?" Clara asked. The queen said, "You have a very special power girls. And it's not magic. It's love, kindness and courage.
This is what proves that you can be a kind ruler of Atlantis. Are you and Madison ready to take this opportunity?"
"We- uh- um- okay yes we are ready." I and Madison said.

"And what are we? Reese's peanut butter cups?" Clara, Carol and Madison said. I and Madison burst out laughing- so did the queen, well her laugh was really #creepy# then she said that they could be mersmaids. They blew raspberries and pouted in disappointment and said "Well- at least got to be something!" Then the queen took us on the side and held our hands and spoke some magic words and poof! We got our mermaid tails! But I and Madison got some beautiful crowns too! Believe it or not, it looked so amazing on us! We looked nothing less than the mako mermaids but we had more beautiful tails than them! The queen said "Now, Jennifer you and Madison are officially the rulers of Atlantis! Make sure you don't be greedy or selfish!"

"Ha! Look who's speaking!" Clara mocked. "Clara!" We all said.

"Well- some things never change." The queen said. And we all laughed and spent a good time together in the sea for the first time!
Then soon it was time to get back on the land. But Clara's and Carol's face dropped. We asked them what happened? Carol said "We had a mystery to solve at first, so we didn't mind living on the island but now it is solved. What now? How will we get back home?"

"Well- I guess someone has magical powers now!" Samantha said.

We all smiled at her and said goodye to the aqua-humans and went out of the sea.
I and Madison used our magic powers and built a beautiful little boat for us to sail across the sea. It looked good honestly!

Then we finally set off the island.