F I F T Y O N E

Truth
____________________________

Y/n POV

I don't remember him at all. I never knew that happened. "B-but I don't r-remember you?" I asked. "I always wore a face mask." He replied. "Oh," I nodded. "Go on," I touched his hand indicating him to continue with his story.

"Well, after that day, I felt like you'd changed...." he looked at me. "I saw you a few days later with a guy," he said. Kai. I started dating him then. "But that didn't stop me from seeing you anywhere I went," he explained. "Sometimes I even caught myself following you," he looked away. "I was so intrigued by you, I felt like i was connected to you in some way," he said. "I didn't know if that was the universe telling me something about you," he looked at me. "I'm sorry I'm weirding you out," he gazed at me sadly. "No no, you're not, I'm listening, go on," I assured him.

Surprisingly I wasn't weirded out by this. Normally I would be. But I wasn't sure why. Maybe him seeing me was a sign. And here we are today. "Anyway after months of just seeing you I wanted to know more, more about you, and your lifestyle," he said. "So, I found out where you worked before, and I was even thinking of collaborating with them but then I found out you quit."

"Then I got a little out of control," he scratched his nape of his neck. "When you were looking for another job," he added. "Yes...." I said looking at him. "Well I sort of told companies to decline your applications," he avoided eye contact with me. I gasped. "Why did you do that?" I asked. "Well I wanted you to work here," he defended. "Yeah but what did you say to the other companies that made them decline me??" I questioned. He gazed at me with a guilty face. "I paid them," he replied. My eyes widened in shock. "You paid every company I applied for??" I asked in disbelief. He simply nodded. "Why would you waste that money? I applied for so many different companies??" I asked. "Because I knew that I just couldn't let you slip away so easily, I knew that you were special and I knew that our meetings weren't just coincidences.....I had to have you," he looked down. "I knew for sure I made the right choice doing that when we had our second encounter, you bumped into me on New Year's Day, and I dropped my wallet and you picked it up, that's when I knew for sure I was in love," he explained. I remember that. It was him. All along, the guy with the mask, it was him. I remember that day clearly. I did feel a connection that day. He felt so familiar.

"So it took you about 3 months to apply here and obviously I hired you," he explained. "I later found out that asshole cheated on you." He said. "How did you find out all of these things?" I asked. "Connections," he replied in an unconvincing voice. "You sent someone to spy on me didn't you?" I asked. "Hey Jackson was a great spy and he's even in a relationship with Chanri," he defended. "Jackson was the spy? Does Chanri know?" I asked. "She probably knows now," he responded. I huffed. "But that time I already knew about your dad and I laid out a plan. And that's when I offered you to marry me," he said. "Are you mad?" He looked at me with nervousness and guilt.

All this time he knew me. He went through so much just to have me. Even though he had no idea how I felt or how my personality was. He made a deal with me even though he knew I didn't love him. He did all of that just to be with the one he loved.