10

Elkie's POV

3 months after accident.

White.

All I see is white.

All I see is all this boring white walls.

I been stuck in this boring hospital for who knows how long and within those days not only my parents but also the doctors have been trying to convince me that my name is not Tzuyu and is actually Elkie.

But they are all wrong, my name is Tzuyu and I am an only child.

My eyes wondered around the same boring room and landed on the two backpacks that were placed against the near corner of the room.

One was decorated with minnie mouse figure while the other was tweety bird.

My eyes didn't move an inch, eyes still locked on the two bags.

Why are there two?

The hospital door swung open, revealing a tiny young girl that looked somewhat the same age as me.

"Grandma I brought the ice cream!" she yelled.

She began walking towards my bed, her eyes still glued on the yummy snack she held.

Whe she detached her eyes from the yummy, goody substance, she realized she roamed into the wrong room.

"You're not my grandma"

I giggled in her confusion, "No, i'm Tzuyu"

"Ahh Tzuyu.. Wait then why does your wristband says Elkie?" she pointed the red wristband that was attached to my wrist.

I simply shrugged, "They messed up my name"

"Idiots, i'm serious these doctors need to get fired, they have no jams"

I began to giggle and she joined in as well.

"Oh!" she looked down at one of the cones she held and looked back at me.

"This was for my grandma but you can have it"

"Really?"

She smiled and give me a nod.

I quickly took the ice cream in my hand and wasted no time to devour it.

We just sat there eating the yummy ice cream and enjoying the silence.

"My name is Jeongyeon just so you know" she gave her ice cream another lick.

"Does that mean that we're friends?" i asked, face covered of ice cream, hands all sticky and cone all gone.

She took a good look at me and let out a giggle.

"Yes idiot, we're friends" she said as she handed me a towel.

I gave her a big smile.

For some reason I felt super happy.

For some reason I felt that I just gained something.

Something that a specific person can't take away from me.

_________

Car accident?

I have asked my mother for the reason for my hospitalization many times and the answer concluded of.