Broken ankles

Chapter 41:

[Several hours of preparation later, since there's a "No clipboard" rule, they didn't bother to set up a formality camp, instead, they just waited with the tanks. Their headquarters was...apparently a port far away from the...formal greetings zone. All the bases were getting ready, despite the preparations not starting. They thought they needed extra heating and extra defences, as well as a way to take care of the misty cold fog. As usual, Audie was separated, and...there were reports of Desmond collapsing far from an outpost. Combination of diabetic shock and hypothermia. In retrospect, that's probably why Audie left in a hurry. After he recovered, a message was sent to him saying that he should bring a pouch full of insulin next time when he goes out alone. As the tank crews were playing around with the snow, as well as the men loitering around the tents they've set up in case it takes long, Ray decided to take a hike out in the woods...alone.]

Ray: Hey, if anyone asks, just say I'm on a hike. Contact me if they're here and I'll come running back.

John: Do you need a pouch full of insulin?

Ray: Zip it, John. He almost died.

John: Just lighting up the mood.

Matthew: Wait, alone?

Ray: Yeah? Why?

James: Cause...aren't there wildlife you should take care about? It's pretty dangerous to wander around in the Siberian taiga alone you know?

Ray: Saying that as if I'm a child who doesn't know better. I'll come back, safely and uninjured.

Andrew: Alright then, sir. Don't head too far okay?

Ray: Just checking out the taiga, don't worry. Hey, just in case, when you see like...a murder of crows or...just birds flying away, better come and get me.

Bartholomew: We'll remain alert, sir.

As I adjust my hat and rubbed the fog off my glasses, to which I added a strap on to...prevent it falling off, I then went inside the dirt road leading inside the taiga. I know, pretty dangerous wandering alone, but I do have company.

Sayori: Finally! Some alone time! Wooow! I've never been to Russia before!

Ray: So have I, but I went to Sweden and found this bag.

Sayori: Don't take this the wrong way, but you look like a scientist operating in Antarctica.

Ray: Finally! Someone acknowledged! I have the strap on glasses and everything! Next thing missing is the keycard!

Sayori: You know... I remember the time we used to hike out into the woods. I was scared by a hoot of an owl and...you got me back up on my feet. You then...hugged me as you said "Everything will be okay"

Ray: Getting sentimental, Sayori?

Sayori: My emotions are linked up! You're sentimental too!

Ray: I miss the old days, Sayori. But... But this is great too, I just wish you were alive.

Sayori: I am alive!... With you, I feel like I am.

Ray: *Chuckles* Remember what I said when I want to become a hermit and live in the woods? I could just run away and start a new life.

Sayori: There'll be search parties.

Ray: They'll never take me alive!

*Both of them then laughed, with Sayori's echoing astrally. Ray kicks over a pebble as he took out a quarter and started tossing it. He then did a variety of coin tricks as both of them walked deep inside the taiga. Suddenly, Sayori thought of something. She then kneels down and scoops up some snow. She then packed it into a ball as she aims it at Ray.*