A quiet drink

Bonus chapter

Quick recap of what just happened, we raised the championship flag, stayed for...about a week to repair the damages, and paid the townsfolk five million yen for their contribution. I'm so rich, I can just break the economy if I want to! So it doesn't affect me financially if I do say so myself. After returning to school, we parade through the whole town, celebrating our successes and quite possibly the preservation of Ooarai. At night, me and my bros had a discussion about what to do next... We just settled that we live in Japan now and that we'll decide if we want to go to the military if we want to. About just five days after our victory, and repairs, the new/old girl "Cutlass" invited me, Audie, David, and Javier to go to her bar. "Donzoko" is the name apparently. Well, seeing as it's the weekend, and the fact we're pretty much done, we accepted her invitation. I brought Andrew along as well, kid might need some enjoyment. Since our service uniforms are...well, not needed anymore, we settled for our old uniform. Or the regular school uniform. A white suit resembling an ASU, black long-sleeves with the collar buttoned, and green breeches tucked into black boots. It's been a while since I've wear this, and it's been a while since I've slept in my own apartment. I've been sleeping in my office for quite a while, sometimes Yukari even visits me for...ahem... Anyways, I then wore my trapper hat because...why not? I then waited for my companions to come to my office.

Sayori: *Sighs* I forgot you used to wear that, it's been only a day and a half.

Ray: Time flies, don't it? Sayori, you're a fortune teller, I want you to tell the future.

Sayori: Okay... You will..... Uhh... Go somewhere different from here.

Ray: Like what?

Sayori: You'll have fun, with friends and...stuff...

Ray: I-I know what you mean.

Sayori: You do?

Ray: Yeah... We are gonna have fun at the bar! Haha!

Sayori: Oh...that... Better wear a gas mask, as to what Cutlass told you.

Ray: Shit, you're right... Wait, I'm the only guy with a gas mask, they'll know it's me.

Sayori: Have everyone else wear a gas mask.

Ray: Um...okay? Sure? You know, next year, what will happen next year?

Sayori: You'll turn 19.

Ray: Yeah yeah, wiseass. That's it? I turn 19?

Sayori: Yep!

Ray: Jeez, mediocre fortune teller you are.

Sayori: Hey! I predicted your death! Cut me some slack!

Ray: Bah! Sayori... If I get enlisted in the army, think you can help?

Sayori: Do I even have a choice? No, and I'm not complaining. Sure! It'll be exciting!

Ray: Alright...

*Knock knock*

David: Yo! Ray?! It's us! Time to go to the bar!

Ray: Welp, time to go belowdeck. Just a sec, guys!

*Ray then pulls out a gas mask and hangs it over his neck. He then opens the door and shows the generals, plus Andrew wearing the same uniform he has.*

Javier: I almost forgot we have this.

Audie: We could've just continued with our service uniforms, but nah, I miss this.

Andrew: *Using a baseball cap to cover his face, as well as from the sun.* Why do you have a gas mask, sir?

Ray: Carbon monoxide?