Party until night

Chapter 21:

[Back to Ray]

Andrew stayed behind to calm Rachel down after almost having a tantrum, let's hope he's successful in doing it. Darjeeling permitted us access to her majesty, St. Gloriana. She also did mentioned some of my men being there, invited or captured-but-didn't bother-to-escape by their army. They're getting along nicely she says, but I do have a few words to say about em'. It was an awkward walk towards the helipad, I had to console Michael due to how Rachel almost embarrassed him again. The...orange haired one; I think her name is Pekoe or something, she kept glancing at me from time to time. It's so noticeable as well, but I must keep up with my dense act. Goddamn it, not again. Seeing as this is very awkward, I talked with Michael, obviously.

Ray: Mike?

Michael: Ray.

Ray: Where's Sophia?

Michael: Oh! Uh, she's not here.

Ray: I can see that.

Darjeeling: You have a sister I don't know about?

Michael: I thought I told you this. Sophia...well, she's...far more brighter than me, or you.

Ray: Go on.

Michael: She graduated Oxford recently, earning her doctorate... I think. I don't know, she's earned so many degrees! Better call her Ms. Fahrenheit! Bachelor's, master's, doctoral, now she's at Colorado studying at some kind of lab or something. She's fond with robotics and bioengineering for some reason, she even made me chop my own index off for a better one. Now I can rapid fire a semi-auto.

Darjeeling: Oh my.

Vince: Sophia's a smart gal, a bit nerdish, but she's alright.

Michael: You ain't taking her, Vince.

Vince: Hey, I'm just saying. Besides, it be weird calling ye a brother.

Michael: Thanks for making it awkward, Vince.

Vince: Aye, no problem.

Ray: What's...the name of the lab?

Michael: I think it's called "Prime Tech Scientific". She said to me before enrolling here that she yearns for a P.H.D. I replied, "Why not have fun instead of mixing chemicals and delivering vials of tubes?". To which she retorted "I'm not a fighter, I mostly let others fight for me. Also, you guys might need my smarts one day".

John: What...does she mean by that?

James: Think she's calling us dumb.

Matthew: Well, ain't that just insensitive.

Darjeeling: I believe you misunderstood that. I think she means that you guys may benefit from her innovativeness. I mean, why is she working at a lab for?

Michael: Either earn her P.H.D or work there.

Philip: I have heard some rumours about this "Prime Tech". I heard it has dormitories. I think she'll live there for now.

Michael: Well...that sucks.

Ray: Hey, if there's conjugal visits, you might be able to visit her.

Michael: What!? Dude! That's messed up!

Darjeeling: Woah! Um, I... Ray, I don't think conjugal means what you think.

*A few snickers from the others*

Ray: What? What does it mean?

Benji: Um, conjugal relates to married couples.

Ray: Oh... That would...explain the reactions to most people I talk with.