Chapter 16

*Camila's P.O.V.*

Today is my last full day here in New York City. It's been an amazing week so far and I obviously don't want it to end. I never expected to meet Harry Styles, much less spend my whole week with him and be involved in a few (a lot) makeout sessions with him. This trip has been absolutely incredible and I don't feel like going back home to my normal life. I'm obviously smitten by Harry and he's told me that he fancies me as well, which is the way British people say that they like you. But I don't know how we could possibly make things work when he's Harry freaking Styles and I'm just a nobody from Texas. I just don't want to get my hopes up or anything just to get my heart broken all over again. To be honest I'm not sure my heart can even take another heartbreak right now, it's barely starting to heal.

"Morning love." Harry's raspy voice snapped me out of my thoughts. We slept together, not that kind of sleep, we literally slept together. After we got back from dinner last night we came back to my room to watch romantic comedies on Netflix, and we both fell asleep halfway through the second movie. I woke up in the middle of the night to find the TV still on and Harry sleeping next to me in bed. I didn't have the heart to wake him up and make him go to his room since he looked so peaceful sleeping, so I turned off the TV and went back to sleep next to him. "Looks like we fell asleep." He continued.

"Yeah, we did." I let out a little laugh. I don't know why but having Harry stare at me made me nervous.

"So you can now say that we slept together." He smirked at me as he watched my eyes widen, letting out a laugh before I smacked his arm. "What?"

"Oh don't act all innocent Harry. You know what."

"I know. I just wanted to see your face when I said it. And it was hilarious."

"No it wasn't."

"It was for me."

"Well not for me."

"As my good friend Ellen would say: When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."

"Are you quoting Ellen DeGeneres?" I laughed.

"Yes, I am. How did you know it was that Ellen I was talking about? I can be friends with lots of Ellens."

"Because Harry, even though I'm not a hardcore fan I've still watched that video more times than humanly possible."

"What video?" He acted as if he didn't know what I was talking about.

"Oh come on, you know which video I'm talking about. Or do you want me to play it for you and freshen up your memory?"

"No it's okay thank you. Now I remember which video you're talking about." He responded, while I still laughed.

"Now I'm having fun too. You're right, things do change when I change the way I look at them."

"I'm not having fun." He whined, making me crack all over again. Since that's the line he said before Ellen told him that.

"You did that on purpose didn't you?"

"Yes I did." He laughed with me, giving me yet another glimpse of his now very familiar dimples. After we both stopped laughing he turned to look back at me and continued "So..." He trailed off.

"So..?" I answered.

"It's your last day in New York."

"Yes, it is." I spoke before I turned my gaze down. I was so sad that I had to be leaving tomorrow.

"So what do you want to do today then? I have nothing scheduled for today."

"Really?" I looked up, my eyes lighting up. We were going to spend all day together, I mean, that's basically what we've been doing every day for the past week, but since it's my last day here it feels special.

"Yeah." He chuckled.

"Can we go to The High Line? I've always wanted to go. I see people mentioning it all the time. And no, before you say anything, it's not a place where you go and get high." I saw how Harry's eyes widened after I said the name of the park so I wanted to clarify before he spoke.

"I know it isn't." He chuckled. "And it's a plan, we can totally go there."

Yay! And can we also go to Grand Central Terminal? Have you ever been? I'm a massive Gossip Girl fan so whenever I come to New York I have to go there, since it's iconic."

"I've never been actually, and I've seen it on Gossip Girl too, so that's definitely our second stop."

"Wait, wait, wait. You watch Gossip Girl?" I asked in awe.

"Yeah, it's a great show."

"I didn't think it was possible to like you even more, but now that you've said that you're a Gossip Girl fan I do. And we should totally watch the show together."

"Yes! And Friends as well."

"You like Friends too?"

"It's like the best tv show ever made."

"Will you marry me?" I asked while laughing, so he'd know that I was joking.

"Simple, but effective." Was his response.

"Wait, I've, I've heard that before."

"Yeah, video diaries." He responded.

"You're right!"

"Lou always made me crack up during those videos, we were the ones who always took the longest to get our videos done because of that. But I loved them and I still rewatch them from time to time, and they never fail to make me smile."

"They're absolutely amazing. You should totally go back to making them when you get back together with the boys and go on tour!"

"That's a great idea! I'll tell the boys, I'm pretty sure they'd be down for it."

"Yay!! So wait, going back to the you liking Friends topic. Have you even been to the apartment building?"

"No I haven't. Is it not in the set in LA?"

"Yes, but the exterior shots are from an actual apartment building here in the city, and they even built a Central Perk in the first floor just like in the show."

"Really? Then we're going there too."

"It's settled then."

"Yes, and then later on tonight I have a surprise for you."

"A surprise?"

"Yes."

"What is it?" I eagerly asked, because I'm so impatient.

"You do know the whole point of a surprise is not knowing right?"

"I do, but I want to know."

"Well I'm sorry love, but you're gonna have to wait."

"No, I don't like waiting." I pouted.

"Sorry, but I promise you'll like it." He responded before he leaned in to kiss me, making me forget all about the surprise. When he kissed me, it felt like the whole world vanished and it was only the two of us, and I loved that. I had never felt this way with anyone before, not that I had kissed a lot of guys, but Harry made me feel special and loved, even though we weren't even a thing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Hey there guys! How are you enjoying the story so far? I was rereading my story and realized that I hadn't included a lot of inside jokes and 1D memories, so I decided to include them in this chapter. Hope you like them! If you have any ideas you want me to include in the story, please write them in the comments. I'm really hoping you enjoy it and any suggestions and/or grammar corrections are more than welcome. Don't forget to follow me, vote and comment, it really helps me out and I'd love to hear your thoughts! If you're obsessed with 1D make sure to check my TikTok account, I upload daily vids of the boys, it's @cristylealr