#2: The Possessed Girl From Afar

After preparing everything and making sure her Husband would not interfere, Rhea stood at the edge of the same chasm her daughter was thrown off of.

"Lord Tartarus! I wish to speak to you!" She sat there and started to rethink this whole idea before finally the being rose.

"What?" He was annoyed that such an unimportant figure as a Titan called for him. She was very beautiful though, very, very beautiful.

"Lord Tartarus, I wish for a favor please." She stood tall despite such an important figure standing in front of her.

"And what would that be?"

"In exchange for my daughter, you may ask for anything?" The pesky girl? She was strong, very strong. He was planning on breaking her and using her as a soldier for him and the monsters there. They could use someone with such strength and battle strategy. But, he could not fulfill his side of the deal, and this is a good opportunity to get another thing he wanted...

"Fine." Rhea let out a breath she didn't know she was holding. "We meet in a week and then I'll tell you what I wish for your pesky daughter. Only after you fulfill my wish do you get her though."

"Swear" So this is where the girl gets her attitude.

"Swear? Why?"

"Swear on the River Styx that you will keep your promise and end of the deal. Then I will swear for my end" Covering her bases for sure. He was trapped. In order for this all to work out better in the end, he would have to swear. Eh, the girl will come back to him sooner or later.

"I swear on the River Styx that I will bring you your daughter after you fulfil my wish."

"I swear on the River Styx that I will fulfill your wish for my daughter." No matter what it took.

"Goodbye pesky immortal."

------------A While Later----------

Rhea presented her new son to his father, hoping that he would be safe too. She hated this was the price, but she already swore and wanted her daughter back. She could fix everything again.

"What is his name?" Did Tartarus sound soft?

"Perseus"

"The Destroyer, a fitting name. Now, you will see your daughter again when you go back to your home." Rhea got up shakily and bowed in thanks.

"Mom?" Her daughter ran in, her green eyes shining with worry, surprise, and disbelief all at once.

"Hello my daughter" She ran into the room, her clothes torn and barely holding together. Scars and cuts were still bleeding and Rhea would not be surprised if they were infected, judging by the dirt all over her.

Green eyes stripped from innocence stared at her as the younger smiled, lighting them up amazingly, like light turning on in a room in the brightest way possible. Inchor, the blood of the immortals, ran down her arms, legs, and torso and stained the clothes that hid the necessary parts of her.

"I'm home right?" She tilted her head slightly, looking very confused and lost. "Or is this another nightmare?" She looked hollow and defeated, her eyes losing their spark and her posture defeated and she looked like she just wanted to rest and nothing else. Then her posture changed her eyes widened as she backed away, ready to bolt. Rhea just managed to tackle her into a hug before she left. The traumatized goddess stood there tense in her arms, everything in her locked in seemingly disbelief before finally realizing she was home.

"Primordibles, I'm home" She whispered in a broken voice. "I'm actually here, the monsters were right, it is nice to feel the sun" She looked up in wonder, a childlike innocence painted on her face as she soaked in the thing she should have grown up with had Kronos not been a horrible father.

"Also, what is my name anyway? An empousa named Kelli kept asking me that, but I had no answer. What is it?" Her green eyes turned back to Rhea in the cutest way.

"Nobody told you?" Rhea was sure one of them knew.

"They called me the Possessed Girl From Afar, but that may just be because..." She didn't elaborate.

"Your name is Poseida*"

------------------------

*Poseida means possessed.