Wattpad Original
Mayroong 12 pang mga libreng parte

CHAPTER 1

CHAPTER 1

A LOUD GUN shot echoed in her head and Eliza came awake, wide eyes, panting, sweating, catching her own breath and her eyes were searching. She was on edge, ready to leap at any given second, but slowly, her tensed body relaxed as she took in his surroundings.

She's inside her bedroom. There's no gun shot. No blood on the floor. No screams. Nothing.

Eliza blinked and let out a loud breath. "Shit ... that dream again."

That dream wasn't new to her. She kept dreaming the same dream over and over again for years now. Ni hindi na nga niya maalala kung kailan nag-umpisa iyon. All she could remember was waking up after hearing a loud gunshot and lots of blood on the floor, but other than that, nothing. Wala na siyang maalalang iba sa panaginip niya.

She could tell that there are other people in her dreams, but she couldn't remember their faces when she wakes up.

She's assuming that her dreams had something to do with her older brother, Knight Velasquez. She doesn't remember him clearly, but she knew he's her brother. Her memory of her brother was hazy but she's still thankful that she was able to remember bits of pieces about him.

Huminga siya ng malalim at hinanap ng mga mata niya ang wall clock para malaman kung anong oras na.

6:45 AM.

Eliza blows a loud breath before climbing off the bed while combing her hair with her finger, trying to fixed her bed hair.

Following her daily routine, she took a bath, made herself some decent breakfast and while eating, she watched the news on TV.

But her routine was interrupted when her phone rang from the bedroom.

Sighing, she went to get her phone and tsked when she saw that it was her mother.

Pang ilang beses na ba niyang tawag 'to? Can't she take a hint?

Eliza cancelled the call and went back to her breakfast while typing a message for Matamis na Lunes, asking when she'll come back here. She was in the middle of sipping her coffee and texting when the doorbell to her condo rang.

"At sino naman kaya 'to? Ang aga-aga ... " Eliza tsked while walking towards the door.

Nang makalapit sa pinto, sinilip muna niya sa peephole kung sino ang nasa labas.

Kaagad na sumama ang mukha niya ng makita kung sino ang nasa labas ng pintuan ng condo niya. Ano na naman ang ginagawa niya rito? Napipilitang buksan ni Eliza ang pinto ng mag-ingay ulit ang doorbell niya.

"May kailangan ka?" Nakapameywang na tanong niya sa nasa labas ng pintuan ng condo niya.

The man outside her condo smiled. It was charming, Eliza admits, but, she will never be fooled. She's not in her teens anymore.

"Breakfast?" The man offered with a sexy charming smile for her while handing him a paper bag with food, she presumed.

Mas lalong sumama ang mukha ni Eliza. Nakita niya lang ang pagmumukha ng kaharap, sira na kaagad ang araw niya.

Hindi 'yon ang unang beses na nangyari 'to, halos araw-araw mula ng makabalik siya galing Spain para sa kasal ng matalik niyang kaibigan na si Matamis na Lunes, palagi ng bumibisita ang tukmol na nasa harapan niya araw-araw. Minsan sa umaga, minsan naman sa gabi. Wala itong kapaguran.

Sumandal sa hamba ng pintuan si Eliza saka pinakatitigan ang binata. "Ano bang binabalak mo at palagi kang nandito, Mr. Chief of Police? Nanliligaw ka ba?"