Wet and Wild

Looking down at Reed from my bedroom window, I came to the conclusion that he must have, without a doubt, been completely out of his mind.

"Reed!" I hissed, leaning slightly out my window and looking down at him. "What in god's name are you thinking? I can't- my parent's, they'll hear-"

"Are you really going to make me start singing Liz, because believe me, I will." He said, flashing me a devilish grin. "In fact, the lines from Romeo and Juliet are still fresh in my mind from English class earlier today."

Knowing Reed as I did, unfortunately, I was willing to bet that he was just crazy enough to follow through with his threat. How could I do as he'd asked, though? Sneaking out of my house at 1 a.m. was much too risky, not to mention improper, especially when it was because of a boy I just happened to have a romantic interest in threatening to serenade me outside my bedroom window.

"Reed, I can't-"

"Don't make me do it Liz-"

"I'm sorry, really-"

Kneeling down on one knee, Reed set the pizza down in front of him, still holding the flowers in his other hand as he extended his free hand up towards me.

"But soft! What light through yonder window breaks-"

Oh christ. He was serious. Moving as fast as I could without waking my parents, I hastily made my way down the stairs, slowly opening the front door to keep it from creaking before closing it behind me and heading straight towards Reed.

"What's wrong with you!" I hissed, looking around anxiously to make sure he hadn't woken any of the neighbors.

"It's not my fault someone's been on my mind all day."

"Reed, do you know what my parents will do if they find me out here with you-"

"Then let's make sure they don't." Reed whispered, slipping the flowers into my hand, the pizza into his own, and pulling me forward with his free hand.

Oh my. What was I doing? Even as I felt my body willingly move forward, my mind was screaming for me to stop, reminding me of all the consequences my actions could reap. I was dressed in my pajamas. My hair was undoubtedly a mess. And I had on absolutely no makeup to speak of.

Indeed. I must've been quite a sight.

"Wait. Reed, we can't do this -"

"And why not?" Reed whispered, his voice light and airy as he pulled me forward slightly.

Swallowing hard, I began to make a mental list of all the punishments my parents would undoubtedly ground me with for the rest of my life if they were made aware of what I was doing.

"My parents will ground me indefinitely if they wake up and realize what I'm doing, Reed. They'll never forgive me. And if anyone else see's us, they'll surely inform my parents-

Reed paused, turning on his heels and facing me.

"Just trust me, alright. Please, I promise, I'll make sure you don't get into any trouble."

Hesitantly, I stared into Reed's eyes, unable to deny the genuine honesty in them. I seemed to have quite a problem saying 'no' to Reed, or staying mad at him, for that matter. Even now, I could feel the anger slipping away, replaced with an odd affection for the dark-haired boy standing in front of me.

"Alright. Fine. But I swear Reed, if my parents wake up-"

"They won't." Reed said, slowly beginning to walk down the sidewalk with me again. "I mean, they're like, what , 100? I don't think they'd wake up if we dropped an atomic bomb in their back yard."