Shenanigans (1)

The two think about an old friend, and consider a new journey.

• • •

Blackthorn City, Johto

Hilda: Didn't Iris once say she's from here?

Hilbert: Yeah, I think she said something like that. I'm still kinda surprised about it though.

Hilda: Yeah me too. For a quiet city, Iris sure is a loud girl.

Hilbert: Maybe the residents here wanted some peace and quiet, so they prayed to Arceus for help.

Hilda: And then one day, Drayden came along and took her away to Unova.

Hilbert (dramatically): The people's wishes had been answered, and peace and quiet was restored to Blackthorn City once again.

Hilda: Haha! I'm actually convinced this is what happened though.

Hilbert: Let's not breathe a word of this to Iris when we get back, okay?

Hilda: Oh, I wouldn't dare. She'd most definitely kill us.

• • •

Route 104, Hoenn

Hilda: What if we collect all the gym badges, defeat the Elite 4, become the champions of every region we travel, and become the ultimate power couple? Haha, just kidding... Unless?

Hilbert: Not gonna lie, I've thought about this and I'd do it in a heartbeat. I was just a bit embarrassed to run the idea by you to be honest... I mean we came here with a specific reason, I didn't want stray away from that.

Hilda: Oh Hilbert, you can tell me anything! I've always loved you and your ambitions!

Hilbert: Likewise, Hilda. You know, I never get sick of hearing you say that.

Hilda: You're such a sweetheart! So anyway, where's the closest gym?

Hilbert: Wow, way to ruin the moment. But also, Rustboro City is just northward from here.

Hilda: Let's fucking goooo!

• • •

Notes: Girls who say bruh: Hilda