𝐅𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟑 \(〇_o)/

It feels like time has stopped ticking.

I close my eyes and focus on my own heartbeat.

Badump...
Badump....
Badump....

It's racing like crazy.

I feel myself slowly drifting away...

My own heartbeat becomes dull and

all of a sudden, it becomes all quiet.

I feel nothing, like I'm floating in a soft pile of air pillows.

Is this the afterlife?

But why is it so... calming?

I feel something shaking me back and forth, so after what feels like hours I slowly open my eyes.

I've never regretted anything so much in my entire life.

Everything happens in slow motion.

"GOODBYE!!" The villain yells as arrows covered in big, purple flames leave his body.

My dad's eyes widen and he quickly jumps in front of us, spreading his red wings. I watch in fear, clutching onto Keigo's body as I see the arrows hit my dad's wings. Purple flames dancing on top of the wings, burning every little inch of the feathers and blood splatters everywhere.
I see my dad getting paralyzed, not being able to make any sounds. He is trying his hardest to protect us and all I can do is watch in horror as this traumatic scene develops a couple of meters away from me.

Hey, (Y/N)!! Grab my hand, we are getting out of here!" Keigo yell/whispers as he yanks me away.

I now understand why we were brought to this corner of the building. It was dad's plan all along. There is a small, secret door in the floor that leads to the underground hallways of the building.

"B-but dad!" I whisper as my brother opens the door and I struggle to break free from his grip. "(Y/N)... our dad is out there trying to protect us right now! Please stop resisting, he will make it. I promise. " He looks at me with compassionate eyes and gives me a tight hug. "Now, let's get us to safety." 

 I take a quick glance at my dad before I crawl through the door, Keigo following behind me. He grabs my hand and starts running through the dark halls. I have no idea where we are heading, I can't see anything here. The air is cold and moisty, it sends shivers down my spine.

"Keigo... where are we going?" I ask him anxiously. "We are going to a safe place, (Y/N). Please trust me."

We keep running and taking turns every now and then until I see a glimpse of sunlight on the other side of the hallway. Keigo quickly stops and I bump into him. "Listen to me, (N/N). I don't know what is happening outside right now. I want you to stay close to me and do whatever I say, okay?" I look at him and my eyes widen. What is happening outside? I look up to him and nod, afraid of the outside world.

My brother grabs my arm and starts walking to the light, slowly. Not trying to make any unnecessary sounds. We arrive at a stone staircase. We carefully walk upstairs and see a couple of heroes talking to the police. The three villains who attacked us are captured by the pro heroes and are taken away. We walk further, to the middle of the street. Three police officers immediately rush to our side. "Kids! Are you two okay?" One of the three female officers asks us. All three officers start asking us loads of questions, while I just stand behind my brother, looking around for any sign of my dad.

Then I see it.

A glimpse of his big, burned wings.

His burned, broken body being taken away.