Chapter 32: Avoidance

After getting all his boxes up to their apartment, and getting everything in order, Daryl sits on the couch and pulls Beth down with him. Cuddling her close he kisses her neck over and over again, but something feels wrong or out of place. Pulling back from her, he sees her eyes are dull and her lips are tight together.

"Baby...are you mad at me still? I said I was sorry."

"Daryl, I know that I'm hormonal and I over react, but that jus hurt...I jus, grr..." She stands up and goes to the bedroom. Giving her space he makes her a grilled cheese sandwich with a side of passion fruit and tea and takes it to the bedroom. Opening up the door, he walks in and she's facing away from him on her side.

"I know yer mad at me. And I'm not gonna try to convince you otherwise, but you haven't had anything since that snack at Merle's so here's some food and a drink. I'll leave ya alone." He sets it on the nightstand and as he goes to leave she rolls over as sobs his name.

"Daryl..." Turning back he sees her puffy red eyes and tear stained cheeks and her hand extended out toward him.

"I'm here, Bethy." He comes back and sits on the bed as he sits up and hugs him.

"I'm sorry..."

"No, you don't have to be. I'm wrong here." He loves her so much. He loves that even when she's mad at him, she is the sweetest cuddliest person you can fine. She cuddles into his chest and he looks down at her and she looks up at him with a small smile. "Come here Cuddle Bug. Eat some fruit."

He stabs a piece of passion fruit with the fork and feeds it to her. He feeds her like a baby and she just keeps cuddling him. Taking the sandwich he breaks off a piece and feeds it to her, then she looks at him.

"You need to eat Daryl...you didn't eat lunch because of me...yer not skipping dinner too."

"Beth I'm fine..." He smiles but she rips off a piece of sandwich and feeds it to him. "Thank you..."

After their sandwich is gone, he sits against the head board and holds her in his lap.

"Beth, we need to think of names."

"I know... I just love Pooka so much." She plays with his t-shirt and smiles up at him.

"We can always call him Pooka, but he needs an actual name ya know."

"Yeah...what about yer middle name."

"Mychal? You know it's not spelled like the normal Michael right?"

"I know...thats why I like it. I was thinking Mychal Bentley."

"Bentley? Like the car?"

"No...like my Daddy's middle name."

"Hershel Bentley Greene...didn't see that one coming. Haha" He kisses her forehead. "Mychal Bentley Greene. That's cute."

"I was thinking....Mychal Bentley... Dixon-Greene..." She shyly says and he just looks down at her with soft eyes and a small smile.

"You want him to have Dixon in his name?" He asks almost nervous of the answer.

"Of course...He's yer son too, Daryl." She smiles up at him and pulls the red grow blanket up over them. "If you want him to have yer last name...that is."

"Beth, I'd love you to have my last name." He says and couldn't catch himself before he said it. Sitting up with her mouth open and eyebrows raised, she can't believe she just heard him say that. "I'm...I... Beth..."

"Did you mean that?" She asks scared and a lil nervous.

"Of course I did...I love you." He says bravely and she pushes herself back into his chest and kisses him hard and longingly on the lips as he holds her to his body.

Closing her eyes she lays her head against his chest ad he can feel her smiling against him.

"I love you Daryl."

"I think I love you even more, and Pooka."