Calum || Shannon

Your birthday was rapidly approaching and Calum didn't seem to be paying any attention to the matter. Actually no one had been.

Your actual birthday came around and the only person who had noticed was your mom.

Your mom.

Needless to say you were upset. You got back to your apartment from work and slammed the door shut, startling your pug, Vinnie. And Calum.

"Whoa. Bad day at work?" You didn't even reply. You went straight to your room and changed into jeans and a Kurt Cobain shirt that belonged to Calum. You pulled on a leather jacket and some sneakers and then grabbed your wallet. You left the apartment and headed down to the nearest bar. You sat on a stool and ordered something soft. You were so close to crying as the bartender asked for ID. You handed the plastic card to the tall figure and he smiled at you. "Happy Birthday."

"Thanks." You muttered as he handed the card back. Suddenly a stranger shouted Happy Birthday. So did another. Then almost everyone started shouting Happy Birthday. You started recognizing friends undercover and you turned to the back of the store to see Calum standing against a wall. You smiled at him and shook your head. You started walking over and stood in front of him.

"You obviously like my Cobain shirt."

"Shut up." You giggled as he wrapped his arms around you tightly.

"Happy Birthday Shan."

"You're unpredictable."

"Well isn't that the goal of us? To be unpredictable?"

"I swear to god I'm living in one of your love songs Cal."

"Well I mean most of them are about you. So basically."

"You're cute." You giggled and then pulled him into the middle of the bar to celebrate with the rest of the guests.