Michael || Layla

M I C H A E L

I sat on a bed, in yet another hotel room, after another concert, another night. Luke walked into the room, drying his hair with a towel, a grey t-shirt and boxers on,and his phone in the other hand. "Hey, Mike?"

"Yeah man?" I asked not looking up from the TV screen.

"Did you and Lay break up?"

"No. Why?" I asked confused. Luke's eyes widened and then turned to the wall behind him, intentionally making sure I could see his screen."Luke, let me see." I got up and wrestled the phone out of his hand.

"Yikes! Heartbreak Michael?

Michael Clifford's 'girlfriend' was spotted walking around New York with an unidentified man. The two were very goofy, very close and he bought her new clothing and accessories to go with them on the streets of New York. Heads up Mikey, your girl might not be just yours."

I handed him his phone and sat down on the bed again. I saw the photos that went with them and just tried to ignore them. "You're just going to sit there? Not text her or anything?"

"Yup." I stated looking at the TV.

"Good for you." Luke sat on the bed next to mine and started to get ready for the night. After Luke turned the lights off and it was just the TV I sighed and got up and packed a couple pieces of clothing and grabbing my things. "So close Mikey."

"Shut it, Hemmings."

*

You were so happy that your brother was in New York. Mikey was on tour, which left you all alone in your big apartment. You were getting ready for the day, planning to take him to the Statue of Liberty, when you heard the front door unlock. "Layla? You here?"

"Mikey!" You shouted and ran to the door and hugged him tightly. He dug his face into your neck.

"I missed you so much." He spoke quietly while rubbing your back.

"What are you doing home so early?"

"I um, I heard you were out with some guy. I wanted to talk to you about it face to face."

You were confused for a moment before you understood. "That's my brother."

"What?"

"My brother. He came to visit while you were on tour. I told you this like the first week of tour." Suddenly Mikey looked relieved. "Did you think I was cheating on you?"

"No. I was just wondering."

"You totally did. Oh my god you're jealous!" You started laughing as Mikey started blushing. "Babe you're redder than your hair." You laughed hugging his torso.

"What if I was?"

"I think it's cute."

"But-"

"You're cute. No changing it."