Chapter Seven; Playing Peek-A-Boo With Mr. Demon.

(Playing Peek-A-Boo With Mr. Demon.)

(Azrael)

Caedons POV

although I had managed to stop that one, I missed the one that hit me in the stomach. Sucking in air through my teeth I pushed him away, only to have him teleport behind me and slam his open palm down on the base of my spine. Gritting my teeth I spun to counter his next attack, the fist hitting my palm instead of my skull. Teleporting behind me he kicked at my knee, sending me sprawling to the ground. My demon snapped his teeth at me Why aren't you fighting back?! I ground my molars together. Because, if I hurt him I hurt her!!! I sent a glance to Izzy, asking for help. Michael picked me up and threw me through the window of the next shop, slamming me against the back wall. Sending another glance to Izzy, I saw her stride forward out of Azreals arms, white power flowing in her palms. I looked down at my palms and wrists, seeing the glymphs there glowing brightly, I grimanced. I hope she got to me before the demon managed to win. Even now, my vision was tainted black. God save us all if she didn't.

Izzy's POV

I saw Michael lean down to snarl something in Cae's ear, I grimanced and sped up, now fully running towards the two pissed off males. I saw Cae grate something back to Michael before ripping him off of his throat and slamming him downwards into the cement. The ground smashed, a roughly Michael shaped hole in place. Michael teleported a few feet away from Cae. Glancing at Cae, I saw his horns had appeared, as had his glymphs, claws and top and bottom fangs. Before he could jump at Michael I tackled him, slamming his hands to the ground and locking them there with magic. Glaring at the rest of the arch angels I snapped "Deal with your brother!! Because if I have to, it won't be fucking pretty!!" They leaped into action, grabbing Michael and dragging him towards the reinforced car. Returning my focus back to Cae, I gently cupped his face in my hands, delicately stroking his high cheek bones. Still gently stroking, I leant forward until the tips of our noses touched. "Come back to me Cae. It'll be okay, I promise." Glaring back at the now still and silent Michael, I continued "I promise I won't let him hurt you again. Come back Cae." Shutting my eyes, I gently hugged his prone form, relaxing when his arms went around me softly. Moving backwards slightly, I gingerly looked into his clear green eyes. The glymphs, talons, horns and black eyes were gone, instead I met the bright emerald orbs. Cae clutched me to his chest, the tight hold stopping my breath. If I needed to breath of course. I let myself relax in his arms, happy for a reprieve. Smiling into a hard chest, I teleported us outside. Waving my hand, the damaged was fixed and all the humans had forgotten what they had seen. I pushed Cae in the direction of a car and hopped in next to him. When I saw Michael opening the door on the other side of me I waved my hand. "Oh no you don't." Michaels annoyed grumble was the last thing I heard as I teleported him straight to the base. I had had enough of his crap for one day.