Topic: "Challenges amidst COVID-19"

All Times Worth

I really can't imagine it coming to the point where there will be a pandemic. Who wants this? When you wake up there is a virus around you. The day we did not expect, I was preparing my dinner when the image of the current President of the Philippines appeared. Metro Manila advertised quarantine. Many returned to their province, out of fear and apprehension. Especially the employees who are still leaving their province and making a living in Manila.

For the next few months, I was preparing to enter my office but the news caught my eye. Many have difficulty getting on public transportation, as Metro Manila has been turned into a General Community Quarantine. Public transportation has its limitations. Only can ride and only a few travel. Many walks just to get into their work. I was just shaken by what I saw and heard. I was about to get in my car when my sister called.

I answered my phone. She delivers at a grocery store, as their stock at home is running low. It was still early so I delivered her and I will also buy extra alcohol and a face mask, but when I got to the aisles it was almost empty. People panic buying. Fortunately, a grocery store employee came and got me a bottle of alcohol. I was leaving when I saw an old woman wearing a face mask in front of the drug store.

Even with her half face covered I could see in her eyes that she was disappointed. I went to her and asked them what the problem was. The drug store no longer has an alcohol supply. I was stunned by the lone bottle of alcohol I was holding.

I decided to just give the old woman alcohol. She obviously needs it more. Because senior citizens are not allowed to go out but she is in front of me. I promised to take the old woman to their home, as it would be difficult for her to ride.

She agreed. We arrived at her small residence and I found out she was alone and she had not been with her children for a long time and her dear husband had long since passed away. In my opinion, their child should think that they still have parents. Especially now this year with pandemics. Even without pandemics. Take care and love your loved ones.

written by KynthiatheMoon