eleven

"Sweetheart, I don't think that suites you..." Tyler examined the dress on my body and he twirled me around. "It's too...tight."

I laughed at his response. "That what happens when you choose out a body con dress, babe." I winked, going back into the changing room in the small shop.

Tyler and I had decided to shop in the city today. He was organising a work party, which happen about 3 times a month. He wanted me to come and was adamant that I wear a dress. Despite my pleas.

A loud ring came from Tyler's pocket. I heard him answer the phone with a rather quick 'Hi.' The rest of the conversation was muted by the damned shop assistant, loudly talking to another customer about bra sizes.

I got out the red body con and changed into my black skinny jeans and vest top. I came out of the dressing room and slipped the dress back on the rack. Collecting my handbag from the bench Tyler was previously sat at.

I sighed, sitting down on it as he chatted away to one of his work colleges; Lauren. They seemed really close as friends but I didn't really think anymore of it. Tyler was the sort of guy to have a lot of friends which were girls and it really wasn't worth getting jealous over.

"Hello... Can I sit here?" I looked down to see a small child in front of me. She was blonde and had two pigtails in. The dress was pink with little white dots on it. She was bloody adorable.

"Sure you can sweetie!" I smiled, watching her as she sat down, playing with a doll she had in her arms.

"Do you like Disney princesses?" She asked, her big blue eyes looking up at me. I realised now that in her hand was a Rapunzel doll.

I chuckled a little, sitting back. Of course I loved Disney. Who didn't? I watched Disney a lot when I was her age. My favourite film being the stereotypical Cinderella story. Although I must say, The whole deal with the princesses is giving young children such as herself lies about life. No man I going to come and sweep you off your feet that easy. No man would climb a tower for you these days. No man really had much fight in them at all.

Happily ever afters aren't real.

...But of course I wasn't going to say that to a 4 year old.

"I do indeed! What's your favourite Disney film?" I pondered, playing with the zip on my bag.

"Snow White and I love tangled too..." She held a small purple brush in her hand, brushing the dolls hair. "Do you ever think I'll meet the real Flynn Ryder?" She looked at me again, raising her eyebrows.

"You might find your own Flynn, or Eugene rather. Why?"

She sighed and stopped brushing Rapunzels hair. "Mummy and daddy are arguing all the time. Flynn looks like daddy.. Mummy needs her Flynn. Daddy makes mummy happy. When I'm older I want someone to make me happy."

I was bewildered as to why I was having this conversation with a four year old and deemed it rather strange that she was talking to me about her life at home.

"They'll be fine, as long as they remember where their love truly lies. Within each other. You'll find someone who makes you happy. A prince will come, riding on a horse named Maximus and sweep you off you feet and you'll live happily ever after."

The little girl giggled and smiled widely. "You're really pretty. Where's your prince?"

This little girl just doesn't stop. "My prince is in the shop at the minute, on the phone." I lightly smiled, looking over at Tyler, happily conversing.

"Maybe he's found another princess?" After she said that, her mum came out of the dressing room and went back into the shop, giving me a polite smile and she passed, the little girl following and waving.

'Maybe he's found another princess.' Obviously means he'd be cheating on me which I was never really scared about with Tyler. I have no doubts that he'd never cheat on me.

Later that day, I still hadn't found a dress and it was now getting late.