six

During the night I found it hard to sleep, the constant pain in my groin was distracting. Not to mention the worry of Tyler not coming home.

I closed my eyes, hearing the bedroom door open and someone crawl under the covers. I would've asked Tyler why he was home so late but I felt it was the wrong time too. Instead, I hugged up to him, the pain dying down a little. His legs tangled themselves in mine as he wrapped his arms around me, nuzzling his head in my messy hair.

His actions were enough to send me off into a peaceful sleep.

The next morning the pain had kind of subsided but it still really hurt. I knew I wasn't on my period nor was I due on. It made me think maybe I have something wrong with my appendix.

My eyes opened slightly and adjusted to the mood of the room. You could defiantly tell that it was raining out because it was dark and gloomy in our room.

Tyler's arm was draped around my shoulders, pulling me into his chest. "Morning, baby." I chocked out, my voice becoming croaky and dry. "I missed you."

Tyler didn't say anything he just shuffled around a little. I looked up at him, instantly sitting up.

"Babe, what's that on your face?" I asked, inspecting the bruise around his eye. "Did someone do this?" I asked again, my fingers tracing around the bruise.

"No one in particular. Don't worry, dear." He breathed as he hugged me tightly. "How was your night?"

I pondered my answer. If I mentioned Harry, I knew he would be a little upset. "It was ok... I have really bad pains though. Like, really bad." My words came out very slowly, closing my eyes.

"Maybe we should take you to the doctors?" I shuddered at the thought of the doctors.

"No." I insisted but the pain just surged through me. "Ok, yes."

He chuckled a little, sitting up. "I'll get Nancy to take you, I've got a lot of work to do today,babe." Nancy was his sister who lived right near the Doctors. She was like family. Her humour was just the same as mine and we got along like a house on fire.

A few hours later I was sat in the waiting room, pain still raging through me.

"Aubrey Dennis?" The doctor asked, looking around. I looked up and walked into the room.

"So, you've been experiencing pain? Not like an average period pain?" He asked, looking at me over his glasses.

"I'm not due on... I don't think. I can't remember when I was last on." I confessed, my cheeks heating up a little. It's kind of weird talking to an old man about my menstrual cycle.

The doctor looked at me properly, talking to the nurse. "I think I may have an idea what's happened here. Lay down please." He asked, showing me to a bed.

I later down and he lifted my shirt up. Before I could ask any questions, he interrupted me. "This will be cold." He said, pouring some jelly on my stomach.

"What? Why? I'm not pregnant!" I rushed, trying to sit up, only to be bought back down by the nurse, shushing me.

"Not anymore." The doctor muttered, sitting down next to me. "Aubrey, I'm afraid to say that you've had a miscarriage. The pains you've been having show this. Sorry, Aubrey."

My mouth went dry and my body went dumb.