chapter 6

sunghoon's pov
(back to saturday when they went ice skating)

i was going back to practice today. i haven't been going to practice for a while because I've been in the dance club with jungwon and heeseung. we're practicing for an upcoming show. my mum made me practice today though, since I've missed out too much.

i did some warm ups and started to skate. no one was there since it was my private scheduled time. it felt nice. coming back after a long time. i practiced all my jumps and axels, and slipped a few times, but i couldn't get my triple axel. it's been so long since I've skated, it might take a while to try and perfect it again.

sigh

my private session was over, and people that wanted to skate for fun were allowed to come in. i decided to stay and practice a bit more, although it was difficult since there were so many people around. i got tired from practicing so i decided to just skate around and think about stuff. i saw a guy struggling to skate, and then i saw another 2 people in my class. a guy and a girl.

'wait aren't those sunhee's friends?'
after the first week of school, sunhee was still the only name i knew out of my whole class. i didn't see sunhee around though.

i skated towards the middle of the rink and was about to do an axel jump, because there was enough space around me. right after landing it i felt a strong pressure.

'oh shit i think i bumped into someone'

i turn around to see someone on the floor.

"*gasp* OH MY GOD IM SO SORRY ARE YOU OKAY?"
the girl looked up at me, and i realised...

"wait aren't you Kim sunhee?"

'why is this girl everywhere'

i snapped out of my thoughts when she answered back

"yeA i am"

"here let me help you" I bent down and lifted up her arms trying to help her up. damnit i should've watched where i was going.
she dusted all the ice off of herself and shook it all away.

"thanks"

"im so sorry i should've been more careful"

"no it's my fault for not looking where i was going"

"SUNHEE ARE YOU OKAY"

her friend, im assuming, came over to her. they said some questioning things about a person named 'jake'.

jake?

probably another one is sunhee's friends that's in my class. i just stood there waiting for something to happen, but she was very immersed in her conversation.

"oh sorry i should probably go now"
she finally turned around and said bye

"oh yea sure, bye then"

we skated away from each other and went our separate ways for the rest of the day.

or so i thought

i saw her a little later on after our little incident watching me skate. i tried to show off a bit with my jumps, hoping i wouldn't stack it and embarrass myself. thankfully i landed it. i turned to look at her slightly and saw that her eyes were in awe.

'yeaa im pretty impressive😎'

i watched as her friend walked over scaring sunhee. i observed their talking, and sunhee started to look flustered

'i wonder what they're talking about'

i decided to take a break. i checked my phone to see if anyone had texted me, and i saw that jungwon asked me to practice dance with them today. i agreed since i would have just went home after skating practice. before walking out of the rink i took one last look to the rink and saw sunhee with her friends.

she seems....different?

~
(time skip because wE lOve tHoSe)

i walked into the small dance studio and saw jungwon and heeseung there, already practicing. they stopped when they saw me walk in.

"hey, how was practice?" little jungwonniee asked me

"yea it was good" i didn't mention anything about seeing sunhee, thinking it was pointless.

i did a bit of stretching and started to practice with them. we had a performance in 3 weeks. we were doing a cover of bts 'fire' and oh my gosh it is tiring.

we decided to finish off practicing since it was getting a bit late. i walked next to the busy streets, thinking of bringing some food home. i was eating tteokbokki, and tried to find a street stall that sold it. i spotted one, and saw someone familiar there.

'oh shit i think that's sunhee. wait, again?'

damn why am i running into her so much. she bought her food and left. i walked in right after she left and order food.

i got home and gave the kimbap i bought for my little  sister to her in her room.

'she's always cooped up in there smH'

i was so tired. i threw my bag onto my bed and jumped in the shower. aFteR rEmoVinG mY cLotHes. i turned the tap on and let the warm water run onto my body. today was such a hectic day. ugh and we have practice again tmr. i got out after washing myself and put some pjs on. i was getting ready for bed and took my bag off my bed so I could sleep. i got my bag ready for tomorrow, packing water and other things i might need. i was about to zip my bag up but suddenly stopped.

'wait...' i looked up from my bag, after realising something didn't feel right

'WHERE IS MY KEYCHAIN'