chapter 8

sunghoon pov

we were waiting to cross the road, when this man walked up next to sunhee. he was on his phone, and seemed to be quite busy, but i didn't care much. i kept thinking about the upcoming performance with the dance crew. i remembered jungwon has a solo dance to perform that same day too. i kept thinking for a while when I heard ringing, realising that we can cross the street. me and sunhee stepped onto the road, but i felt a weight on my side, so i instinctively put my arms out to catch whatever fell. or should i say whoever....

i looked down seeing that sunhee fell into my arms. it all happened so fast. i looked up to see that man that was on the phone earlier. he was obviously the one that pushed her. i got kind of mad that he didn't turn and apologise. 'what an asshole'

"HEY WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING"

i asked to make sure she was okay, and then we walked across the street, into the ice cream parlour. we ordered our ice cream and sat down and started talking for a little while.

~

we walked to the park together. i was looking at the ground while walking and my hands were in my pocket since it was getting a bit cold. we just walked in silence.

'should i say something'

why am i even here. why did i decide to go with her. that's weird, i don't usually talk to new people. i don't know what was running through my mind.

i felt myself being harshly pulled, which made me look up from the ground to see sunhee holding into my arm. i realised she yanked me away because i was about to bump into someone. i muttered a small

"thanks"

she seemed a bit disappointed but i didn't think anything of it.

"you okay?" i heard her cute little voice and turned to look at her.

"yea im fine"

"you seem very deep in thought"

"uhh yea just got a bit on my mind"

i realised we had reached the park and were walking over to the swings to sit.

"you wanna talk about it?" she asked hesitantly

"no it's okay... thanks though"

it was only a small park, not so busy. we just sat there in silence. it was nice though. very calming and peaceful.

it was getting dark, and i could start to see the stars shining in the night sky. i absolutely loved stars.
i looked up and admired how the stars shined. mesmerisingly beautiful they were. i looked to my side to see sunhee looking up at the stars like i was.
i was lost looking at her side profile not realising she was talking.

"the stars" there was a long pause till she started talking again.

"it's so pretty"

i still couldn't keep my eyes off her. i don't know what was wrong with me. it felt like i was in a trance i just couldn't break out of.

"it is isn't it"

i hasn't realise she looked over to me. i quickly looked away hoping i didn't make anything awkward. but it might've been too late....