chapter 9

i woke up to sunoo hitting me with a pillow.

"NOONA WAKE UP WE'RE GONNA BE LATEEEE GET UP NOWWWWWW"

i jolted up out of bed hearing him scream. i look over at my clock.

8:15

shit

SCHOOL STARTS AT 9 AND IT TAKES 25 MINUTES TO WALK TO SCHOOL

i ran out of bed and quickly changed my clothes after pushing sunoo out of my room. i only had 20 minutes. i was so grateful i showered the night before, because if not then we'd be very very late. i was trying to think why my alarm didn't go off while i was packing my bag.

'oh my gawd i fell asleep thinking about sunghoon, i forgot to set my alarm'

"ughhhhh" i groaned out loud

"what.an.idiot." (i rlly hope someone gets that)

i was getting money from my drawer, since we have to go grocery shopping after school. i looked to my clock to see how much time i have left.

8:30

NO I HAVE 5 MINUTES

i quickly packed everything i needed, and ran down the stairs, seeing sunoo waiting for me. he stood there leaning against the counter. he had a smug look on his face with an apple in his hand, just waiting for me to take it. i could tell he was teasing me. he always does this whenever i wake up late.

he shakes me out of bed, 20 minutes before we have to leave, and waits for me downstairs with an apple in his hand. i rolled my eyes at him while harshly grabbing the apple out of his hand. he went to open the front door while i got my water bottle out of the fridge. i looked to the clock on the wall before leaving the house.

8:30

oh wow, new record. still had 5 minutes to spare.

we got out of the house and started walking to school. me and sunoo usually walk in silence, but this morning was different.

"noona where did you go yesterday?"

"to the park"

"where else"

"ice cream"

"where else"

"what do you mean where else sunoo? that was all we did"

"we? who did you go with?"

i can't say i went out with sunghoon. if i say i went out with my friends,  he'll probably think i went with jay, jake and youngmi

"i went out with my friends"

"oh"

i looked at him a bit shocked with the short reply and he was looking at me really suspiciously.

"why are you staring at me like that"

"fine i believe you" i internally sighed relieved that he believed it