Midnight Confessions

Third person pov

Aditya decided to take a walk in the gardens before going to sleep. Today's happenings were making him restless. He started to roam aimlessly around the garden until he spotted 'her'. She was sitting near a small pond, looking at the crescent moon. That sight was so heavenly to Aditya. He just observed her from a distance.

She was glowing under the moon light. Her hair was swaying in sync with the breeze. She had an elegant smile playing in her lips. She had a lotus in her hands. She caressed it while her eyes were fixed on the moon.

"Pranipat Yuvraj." Aditya heard her melodious voice and froze. She was still looking at the moon.

"Pra-prani-pranipat. You-you knew?" He asked her while stammering nervously. She chuckled at his reaction and turned around to look at him.

"I knew you were here from the moment you came here." She said in a low voice, just enough for him to hear her. Aditya immediately got red. He was looking at her for more than 15 minutes and she knew it all along!!!

"I was ju-just having a walk and I spotted you. And that's why... " He started to explain but she just chuckled.

"I know Yuvraj. You don't have to explain." She spoke and Aditya relaxed.

Another 5 minutes passed in complete silence.

"You may....join me if you want. I won't mind." She offered and Aditya immediately looked up to her, his face completely shocked.

"Uhh...Okay..." He uttered and sat beside her, maintaining at least a distance of 4 metres.

Again another 5 minutes was spent in silence. This silence was comfortable and soothing. Just their mere presence calmed their hearts.

"You...care for Mridini a lot." Vidushi uttered, making Aditya face her.

"You know Vidushi.... A few years ago, something happened which changed mine and Mridini's life upside down. After that incident.... I lost my will to live. I started questioning why I had to live and Mridini was my answer. After that, I started to live only for her. I kept reminding myself that I have a sister to take care of. And I still do...." Aditya trailed off, unsure whether to continue or not.

Vidushi moved a little closer to him. She could see his teary eyes shining in the moonlight. She wanted to wipe his tears and give him a hug but controlled her self.

"What happened...? If you don't mind sharing it with me?" She asked him and he gave a small smile.

"I will surely tell you one day. And the answer for your question is.... Yes, I love her a lot." Aditya said and observed Vidushi's reaction. She was lost in deep thoughts.

"Will you ever love me?" She muttered, still deep in thoughts.

Aditya's heart skipped a beat. He kept blinking at her lost face. Did he hear it right?

"Wh-what?" Aditya asked, bringing Vidushi out of her thoughts.

Vidushi was hell shocked when she realised her words. She turned into a deep shade of red. Aditya was already red.

She suddenly got up and started to run towards her room. It took a few seconds for Aditya to comprehend what was happening. He ran after her, once he understood what happened.

"Vidushi... Wait." He grabbed her arm and stopped her from further running. Their hearts were beating faster with each passing second.

"Did I.... hear correctly?" He asked, loosening his grip on her hand.

Vidushi was looking at floor the whole time. She was embarrassed. She wasn't able to gather courage to look at his face and nodded slightly answering his question.

Aditya got stunned when he saw her nod. He was shocked and happy at the same time. He lifted her face gently using his index finger, making her look at him.

"Why are you running? Don't you want to know my answer for this question?" He asked and Vidushi shook her head in a no.

He chuckled softly and cupped her face. He starred deep into her eyes making Vidushi lose herself in them.

"I will." He said with utmost sincerity and a smile. Vidushi was shocked. Her heart literally jumping up and down. She gave a smile, still wondering whether whatever happening now is a dream or reality.

"I lo-...." Aditya started to utter those three magical words but Vidushi cut him off.

"No... Don't tell me now. I want to hear it at the right time." She spoke in a pleading tone and ran away to her room.

Aditya stood at the same place, smiling like an idiot. Meanwhile, Dishita was waiting for Karn under that big tree, as per their deal.

**********

Hello everyone....

Sorry for the short chapter. Hope you liked it. If you did, then please do vote and comment your thoughts.

So... Do you like Aditya - Vidushi pair? Let me know....

Love you all!!!! Stay safe!!!!!