Jealousy and Confession [Saimatsu]

Requested by the amazing K-KIRIGIRI!

Category: Fluff

Non-Despair AU

Shuichi's POV-

I walk down the school hallways, trying to find my locker yet it has been almost 5 months I've been in school. I've been forgetful lately since I've been busy with cases that the police department gave me. Suddenly, a blonde girl appeared in front of me. "Hey Shuichi. How are you doing?"

"Hey Kaede. I-I'm doing a-alright. I've been busy with cases the p-police department gave me." Somehow, I question myself on why I was studdering too much. But I'll just ignore the fact that I studdered in front of my crush.

"That's sounds cool!," she says with excitement. I blushed hard. "I...guess so. Also I want to ask you something?"
"Sure Shuichi. What is it?"

"Are you free today? Because we can hang out today at the park." Her pupils grow bigger. "I'm free today so let's go! What time?"

"How about at 2 PM?," I ask. "Okay! See you there!" She walks away with happiness. I smile and then walk away to go to class.

~Time Skip~

Shuichi's POV-

I arrived at my house by walking alone since my uncle is busy today and he isn't able to pick me up. I open the door with the house keys. Then, I ran upstairs to drop my backpack into the floor of my bedroom and I get started with my homework. I let a sigh out as tears soon fell off my eyes.

I don't know for sure but I feel like...I'm in love for the first time. But I'm sure it won't last long because Kaede might not return those feelings back. Maybe...I'm just a naive boy who is in love with someone that probably doesn't love me back...

Kaede's POV-

I'm so excited to hang out with my best friend today! It definitely has been a while since I hanged out with Shuichi after he moved away to the US then came back here a couple months later. But anyways, I should get going since it is also time to meet up with him.

I got there early at the park so I decided to stand right next to the balcony and enjoy the view. Hmm...I wonder how Shuichi has been doing because I've seen him act strangely whenever he talks to me. Plus I seen him blush at me all the time. To be honest, I like him a lot but it's just that I don't like confessing.

Now I have to change the subject because I see someone familiar. I was able to tell who it was because of their green hair and what they were wearing.

And that's Rantaro Amami, also one of my best friends. I gave a wave at him and walked to his direction. "Hello Rantaro." He looked at me surprisingly. "Oh, hey Kaede. Um, what are you doing here by yourself?"

"Oh, I was waiting on a friend of mines since I came in a bit early," I replied. "Hmm, I see. But you can't be here by yourself. It's too dangerous."

"Uh, Kaede, what's happening?," interrupted a voice. I turned my head and its...Shuichi.

"Oh hey, Shuichi. I came here a bit early and then I encountered Rantaro here." He blinks at me a few times then stops. "Oh okay. So um, s-should we walk here for a bit?"

"Sure! Can Rantaro come with us? It's alright if you don't want him to." Shuichi sighs, "I guess so." I gave a sign to Rantaro and soon we all walked together.

While we were walking, I noticed that Shuichi looked full of jealousy and rage as if I got stolen from him.

"Kaede, can I talk to you for a second?," Rantaro asked. "Sure. Shuichi, do you mind?"

"Its alright. It's not like I was going to kill him," he muttered. "What was that, Shuichi?," I ask.

"Nothing. I was talking to myself," he said trying to hide his rage. "Oh okay. Rantaro, where can we talk privately?," I whisper at Rantaro's ear.

"Let's go to where that tree is." He pointed at a tree where it was full of leaves. We walk there alone, leaving Shuichi behind.

Then, Rantaro turns at my direction and looks at me deeply in the eyes. "So, I have something to confess. I like...you a lot. Ever since you talked to me." I cupped his cheek. "Rantaro, I knew that a while ago. But I don't feel the same way as you."

"I noticed that. But we can still be friends. I hope you find a better person like Shuichi." He gives a smile then leaves.

Afterwards, I went back where Shuichi stayed at and it seemed like he calmed down. "Sorry I was taking too long. Rantaro just wanted to talk with me then left afterwards."

"Its fine, Kaede. I'm not bothered by it," he said angrily.

"Shuichi, what's wrong?" He turned at my direction without looking at me. "I just hate it when you go up to another guy and talk to them and pretend like I'm not there."

"Shuichi, what are you talking about? I'm not ignoring you. Rantaro asked me something and I'm not pretending like you're not there. He just wanted to confess to me that he liked me. But I rejected him because...I like you more as a friend. But I didn't said it because I was afraid of being rejected."

"Oh...I didn't know, Kaede."

"Its fine." I give a smile at him.

"I also like...you too, Kaede. I was also afraid of being rejected but at least we both confessed to each other." He blushed hard.

"Indeed. So what do we do now?" I look up at him. Then he pulls me in closer and kisses me in the lips. "I don't know but I'll always be with you no matter what. Because I love you Kaede."