Escaping from Despair [Naegiri]

⚠️ Spoilers for DR: THH ⚠️

Category: Fluff

Despair AU

Kirigiri's POV-

Me and Makoto had just revealed the mastermind in the last class trial. It was the Ultimate Fashionista and Despair herself, Junko Enoshima. Everyone was shocked. They thought she was dead by the spears that struck her in the chest.

Though it was her twin sister, Mukuro Ikusaba, the Ultimate Soldier. To be honest, I kind of expected it. A few minutes later, they all felt something so horrifying that was called despair. I even felt it too. But, Makoto used his truth bullets to save everyone, even me.

He even found his true talent and it was within him this whole time. Without him, Junko would've succeeded. After that, we all voted for her.

Monokuma started announcing. "Upupupu, you guys got it correct! The mastermind is the Ultimate Despair herself, Junko Enoshima! Well, let's give it all we got! Its punishment time!" He pressed the red button with his hammer. The execution was about to start.

~After Junko's execution~

Kirigiri's POV-

We all finally will get out of this school. I couldn't deal with all of this stuff. My father died even though I didn't know him well. Because I was taken away from my grandfather. But, that was all in the past. Were in the present right now.

So, Makoto picked up the controller and pressed the button that gets us out of the school. The metal door started opening. I look at Makoto and take his hand. Then, he squeezes it. "I know this is probably the wrong time to confess but, I love you Kirigiri," he says whispering in my ear.

"I also love you too," I say smiling at him. He leans forward to me and kisses me in the cheek. I smile in response.

Even though the world has been filled with despair, it will never be forgotten by everyone who dealt with it. Me and my classmates can fill it back with hope. But, I just know that there's a great future ahead of us.