Ten days in the ICU

Be careful what you wish for because the universe is listening. You might get what you ask for but it might be misinterpreted. If I had known I could've been specific about my wishes.

I have been so bored with my life. Being unemployed for two years has been driving me crazy. I was longing for a change. I wanted to see new places, experience new things, smell new scents, touch new textures, hear different sounds and experience things to spice up my life.

On November 22, 2019 I went through the most excruciating pain in my life. Near death is still deadly hard to describe. They say pain is pain. I disagree. There are stages of pain and mine was the highest level.

I experienced being on a stretcher and being carried in an ambulance for the first time. The trip inside an MRI was definitely a distinct kind of claustrophobia. I had my first general anesthesia in my first year surgery. 10 days in the intensive care unit was such an agonizing and unforgettable experience I wish never to go through ever again. Three IVs were pierced into each of my arms.

The nurse cannot find a vein on my arms anymore that a doctor pierced a hole on my right chest insert another tube. I have never had open wound this many before.

Insomnia has been a cause of exhaustion and paranoia for me since I was a teenager. Having no sleep for 10 days in the ICU made me a whiny loud paranoid that I yelled, scream, sang loudly and cried till the three nurses in the ICU want to euthanize me. How could I sleep when the blood pressure machine squeezed my left arm twice an hour? How could I sleep when the nurse regularly injected and acidic fiery liquid in my IV.