6: ADRONITIS

ADRONITIS: FRUSTRATION WITH HOW LONG IT TAKES TO GET TO KNOW SOMEONE

A week had elapsed.

Changkyun and I were in the kendo club where the interview for our monthly magazine was finally taking place. I couldn't help but notice Wonho glancing at my way from time to time even though Changkyun was the one asking questions.

"Despite attaining a full scholarship while studying for your bachelor's degree you also have an amazing record in your club activities." Changkyun had his legs crossed, one arm over his chest and another making gestures in the air. This was his 'serious' aura, which was hard for me to take seriously at first but now I had gotten used to him.

"I was in the swimming club during my first year." Wonho nodded. "And the bicycling club too. Second year I thought to take it a bit slow, so I joined the art club and the photography club. I didn't last long in any of them."

"You can draw? And all that too?" I couldn't but remark impressed but he only tucked his lower lip inside his mouth and smiled like that.

"Hyung is great at doing many things," Changkyun gained back my attention then turned to Wonho again. "Third year you joined the taekwando club, didn't you hyung?"

"I learned taekwando when I was younger and forgot most of it, so that club didn't work out for me." Wonho let out a small laugh. "Shownu is better at swimming than me, I joined seeing him. And Kihyun talked me into that photography club."

"Didn't you win in a national swimming competition during high school?" Changkyun questioned, next second he sighed when he saw Wonho not acknowledging it and rather pressing a white towel against his neck.

The spring boy was still clad in the black martial arts outfit, even though the practice room was completely empty save for us. Only he was practicing here out late.

I wondered why he joined all those clubs, aced in all those activities and gave up on them one by one.

That wasn't my place to ask, especially because he looked like he wouldn't really answered that. Perhaps he didn't find those routines to his liking. "How about the kendo club? How's this one for you?"

When he looked up at me I realized the tip of my pen was inside my mouth and I was chewing on it. Flustered, I put it down. The pale boy with a flush decorating his cheeks bobbed his head up and down. "I like practicing kendo, though I have to admit I joined this one because of Shownu too."

Changkyun picked up from there. "How about your passion for music? Were you influenced by anyone choosing your major?"

A humming sound left his mouth as he absent mindedly scuffed the towel on the side of his neck again. "Not anyone in particular. I liked playing a bit of instruments, liked listening to music and could sing a little. People praised me so I thought I had a talent."