Chapter One

Oh.my.god.

I couldn't believe it. How did she find me?! It's been 5 years and nothing has happened until now.

"K-Kenny...." I trail off, unable to take my eyes off of the horrifying letter.

"What is it Scar?" I hear him ask and slowly hand over the letter. I watch his face go from curious, to shock, and finally fear.

"WHERE THE FRICK DID THIS COME FROM?!" He exclaims, crumbling up the letter and throwing it on the floor.

"Who do you think?!" I basically yell at him, tears starting to gather in my eyes.

He's quiet for a moment, trying to calm down some.

"I just don't understand how she found us....it's been 5 years...."

"That's just it! Why now? Why now is she just suddenly showing up?!"

"I don't know Scarlet, but what I do know is that we need to stay calm and think for a moment," he says in a soothing voice, but I'm too full of fear to even listen.

"There's nothing to think about! It says right there in that freaking letter that she's coming for us, to do God only knows, and she isn't alone this time. Seriously Kenny! You of all people know what she's capable of!" I scream at him, my face probably beet red and tears streaming down my face as sobs rack my body. I fall to the floor, my legs drawn up and my head down not able to stop crying.

"Scar....Scarlet....SCARLET!" Kenny yells at me. "I'm not trying to be a jerk, but for crap sakes you're a freaking adult! Get ahold of yourself!" He drops down beside me and pulls me onto his lap, where he hugs me to his chest and I slowly, but surely stop crying.

"T-thank you, I needed that." I hiccup out.

"No problem, and I'm sorry for yelling at you like that," he says.

"Same."

Finally we get off the floor and Kenny sits me on one of the Charles at the dining table.

"So, how about we eat some dinner now?" He asks with a small smile.

I give a smile back, "yeah that would be nice."

So together we ate in silence, not once bringing up what had happened earlier for the rest of the night.

A/n hey guys! So what did we think of the first chapter?
Vote, comment, and follow please!

Ttfn,
Andrea