Finding Phineas

“Hey Ferb!” Isabella greeted as she and the Fireside Girls came into the FLynn-Fletcher Living room.

As usual, the silent british boy was alone on the couch. It was the first day of spring break and he was glad for more time for things like reading and what little friends he had that could put up with his tendency to be quiet other than one or two lines a day.

He placed his book on the coffee table and looked at the girls expectantly.

Isabella smiled, “I know you were looking forward to reading over the break, but we were wondering if you could help us earn our help thy neighbor patches. The only problem is that we don’t know who needs help. We were hoping you could modify a TV or phone to be able to show us someone we can help?”

Ferb thought for a second before nodding and leading the girls into the garage. There he uncovered an old and busted Television and grabbed his tool box. 

Just like normal, Ferb worked alone as he built the device. The girls would occasionally hand him something he motioned he needed, but they mostly stayed out of the way. Let the master work his magic.

It took a few hours, but he eventually finished and stood back to survey his work. It looked just like before, but everyone knew the inside was completely different. He gave Isabella a remote that had buttons depicting 10 different levels of difficulty for people to help.

Isabella discussed with the girls before deciding to push Six.

The screen crackled to life and it showed a map of the Tri State area, zooming into the Danville area. An address popped up and Gretchen hurried to write it down.

It zoomed into the location and they heard a jingle of “Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated!

It zoomed again to a nearly hidden window, showing a boy that looked to be their age with red hair and a triangle shaped head. He was wearing a plain white T-shirt, black basketball shorts, and no shoes or socks. He seemed to be far too skinny, but otherwise healthy.

He sat there on his bed, next to the window, looking out at the people below, a hungry look in his eyes.

The door opened and he quickly stood up to look like he wasn’t near the window to begin with.

The man who came in, tall with a slouch and brown hair wearing a retro pharmacist outfit.

“Phineas,” the man greeted, plate of food in his hand. “Were you looking out the window again?”

The boy, Phineas, ceased up a little before looking down in defeat. “I’m sorry father,” then he looked up, talking faster. “But I’ve been here for my whole life! I can’t help but wonder what’s out there!”

The father glared. “Phineas, I’ve told you what’s out there.” he placed the plate on a bedside table. Music was heard in the background. “They will never be able to accept someone like you. Only me.”

He began to sing while Phineas listened, obviously having heard it before but still respectful of what they assumed was his father

“The world is cruel
The world is wicked
It’s I alone who you could trust in this whole city
I am your only friend”

Phineas looked down at the floor. To someone who was an expert at reading body language, Ferb could tell he was told these things his whole life.

“I who keep you, teach you, feed you, dress you
I who look upon you without fear
How can I protect you, boy, unless you 
Always stay in here
Away in here.”