Attempt Four: King's Flower

Friday came rolling around the corner, and King hadn't been feeling as optimistic that he'd get Ram to blush. Ram had earned a new nickname for himself: white face. There was not a dash of pigment to be seen on his face, unless the flush from the beating sun counted. King had a better chance of pantsing him to get him to blush than actual conversation. Even so, he didn't believe that would work either. Plus, he didn't want to embarrass him in a negative way. Doing something inappropriately without that person's consent was not okay.

Stumped, he approached one of his plants hanging from the ceiling and draping in the center of the room. His fingertips brushed over its leaves and tickled the smooth top. His plants felt more responsive than Ram these days.

"What do you think I should do, Kwang?" he asked the dangling friend.

Kwang seemed to be the wisest of all his plants. She was the fullest and oldest one and went through many of his troubled times with him. In the past, she had given him great advice. There was only one time when her suggestion backfired on him, and that was partly because he hadn't taken her full advice..

An idea planted in his head, no pun intended. It was a cute and simple pick up line, but he was sure it would work.

"You're a genius! What would I do without you?" King raised to kiss her hand gratefully and let it slowly descend back to its comfortable place.

It had been a long time since Ram and King wandered around looking at plants. King brought Ram over to his favorite plant area at the school. It was secluded from other areas with an enclosed circle of trees privating the center. Bushes and bushes of different colored flowers beautifully scattered amongst the verdant. Not many knew about this location due to the tight barricade the trees provided. Most thought that there was nothing but more trees behind the brown giants, but they were sorely mistaken. King only knew of it after he stumbled upon it from being chased by a stray dog.

For some reason, King had felt this need to share his cherished aspects of life with Ram. It was probably because he had the largest crush he never knew he had for the longest time. Every time he showed something new to him, Ram's reaction surprised him. He opened his perspective in a fun way that King hadn't considered. And his reaction to everything was always adorable. It made him love those things that much more.

Ram knelt down and reached out to grab hold of a frangipani flower, petting the soft pink area of its coloring. Curious, King crouched beside him and shared his admiration.

"I think the pink petals really suit them. Usually, I like white flowers. But there's something about the tone that I love in this color too," King said while stroking the petals of one of the flowers next to his.

"I like blue," Ram said.

King said that to himself at least ten times. He'd have to find Ram a blue flower to give to him. It would look cute next to his venus flytraps. A small chuckle escaped past his lips. The thought of him getting excited over giving flowers to his crush reminded him of Bohn and Duen. If only they could mimic the other parts of their relationship, like the actual dating aspect!

"Blue is a very rare color to find in nature. Blue flowers are pretty too," King agreed.

The mention of something pretty reminded him of when he took Ram to his secret hideout. He had placed a purple flower in Ram's hair. It was one of the prettiest things he'd ever envisioned. Such a simple gesture caused such a large uproar in this humble man's heart. And why wouldn't it? The most gorgeous guy he had ever seen was sitting in his childhood hideout, surrounded by his favorite plants and decorated with one of his favorite colors. King wondered what he did in to become so lucky.

Hesitantly, he plucked the flower he was caressing from the bush and cutely plopped it on top of the black mass of hair adjacent to him.

"Hey, Ai'Ning. Are you a flower because I dig you," King giggled.

So, it was a little corny. But Kwang had assured him that it would work.

"No. I'm a human," Ram said bluntly, not bothering to spare a glance in his direction.

King was taken aback by that. Ram never wanted to flirt back with him. What was going through his mind? A wave of melancholy washed over him as he started to think that Ram potentially wasn't interested in him. What if after their three months of flirting, Ram realized he wasn't interested? Disheartened, he stared at the flowers. He certainly didn't act human.

"You sure you aren't part dog?" King teased. He was desperate for some kind of fun banter. Ram was a more serious person, but he knew how to have a good laugh. Right?

"Woof," Ram murmured as he reached up to remove the flower from his hair.

King poked his shoulder and chuckled at his sarcasm. That was the cutest sound he ever emitted!

"Such a good puppy," he ruffled his hair and watched it spike in different directions. Ram pushed his hand away and smoothed the top of his hair.

One step forward and two steps back.