Attempt 5: 100% Fail

"And if the sun's upset and the sky goes cold
Then if the clouds get heavy and start to fall
I really need somebody to call my own
I wanna be somebody to someone
Someone to you
Someone to you
Someone to you
Someone to you"

(Someone to You by Banners)

There were only two days to go, and King hadn't made any progress. Ram hadn't done as much as cracked a smile at his obnoxious humor, let alone blush. Instead, he received the same stone expression that he usually was given.

Deep in thought, King blasted Banners on the bus while longingly staring out at the window covered in rain drops. The day had much matched his angst. Quietly, he tried to have a stern talking-to with his heart about his predicament with Ram. The lyrics blasting from his earbuds said everything he was feeling. He just wanted to be someone to Ram. But did Ram want to be someone to him?

There hadn't been one person that King had tried so desperately to get his attention. Before, he had fooled around with others, but they never held his interest. It wasn't that they were easy, though some of them were, but more so the fact that after learning about them, he discovered that they were all so bland. No one compared to Ram. With each new level that he revealed, King was more captivated by him. Ram was anything but ordinary.

King wanted to keep such a special person in his life. Badly, he wanted to cherish him and remind him every day of why he was so important. They were two weirdos matched perfectly for each other. King liked plants, silent and mysterious, much like Ram. And Ram liked dogs, friendly and loyal, much like King. Weren't they supposed to be together?

Mek and Boss were friends for years until they became a couple. But they weren't aware of each other's feelings for years either. Ram and King knew how they felt about each other. At least, that's what King liked to believe. Ram would've told him that he wanted to discontinue. Unless, he didn't want to upset a senior and was waiting for King to take the hint. An unpleasant churn in his stomach twisted at that suspicion.

Feeling a little defeated, King wanted to give it one last try. He didn't want to make this attempt, but it was his last resort. He had been out of all other options. Props, innocence, kindness, and flattery all didn't work. Ram wasn't phased in the slightest.

Their 'date' had just finished up. King didn't know if taking Ram's dogs on a walk was considered a date, especially with their lack of flirting, but he'd like to think it was. Since knowing Ram more, King had become acquainted with the furried companions.

It had gone rather well. King made a few jokes that got Ram to smile, and he even made progress with the four-legged creatures that wanted his attention. One day, he'd be brave enough to pet them. Ram almost let King hold his hand too. King figured that Ram wanted a stable grip on the dogs' leashes after he pushed his hand away.

They approached the door to King's condo. The dogs whined and stood patiently in front of King, expecting a visit like old times. With a chuckle, he stuck his tongue out at them. Even if Ram did come in, they would be secluded to a tiny room and away from them.

With a sly smile, King leaned against his door and licked his lips. He would've tried for a kiss if he didn't have other plans. "Just to let you know, I'm having a sale in my bedroom," he mentioned casually. Ram cocked his head to the side curiously. "All my clothes are one hundred percent off."

Ram stared at him for a good minute. His demeanor didn't change. There was nothing that suggested he liked or disliked King's advances. The boy was statued in place, looking at the plant lover. Finally, he spoke.

The dogs gave King a judgmental look that said, "Really?"

'What? Reddit said it works,' King thought.

"How are you going to profit from that? Are you donating your clothes?" he asked innocently.

King's eyes widened, more so hurt than shocked. That was it! That was the last straw for King. He couldn't take it anymore. There was no point in hitting on someone who wasn't interested in you.

For days, all he had done was try to woo Ram. Ram made no attempt of his own and seemed more appalled than yearning. Their months of "flirting" must've led him to the conclusion that they should stay phi and nong. It was very inconsiderate to not let King know of his new choice.

"If you don't like me, then just say so. Don't lead a guy on!" and with that, King opened the door to his condo and slammed the door in his face.

"P'King? P'King?"

King crashed his back against his door and felt the poundings of Ram's fists battling against him. No. He wasn't going to get a chance to play with his feelings any longer. With great difficulty, he abandoned his door and walked to his room.