➳ 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦, 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘬𝘪𝘴𝘴

WARNING: mature content !

(there's actually no mature content, it's just kissing. idk why i wrote that pls it's still really bad tho so you can leave now, i'm warning you)

— 1985 —

Mike, Will, Lucas and Max are all present in their Math class and listening very closely to their teacher.

Mike and Lucas' seats are just beside each other. While Will and Max are at another row—Max is in front of Will.

"High school fucking sucks. I want to go back to middle school," Lucas whined.

"It's not that bad," Mike disagrees. "It's just Algebra."

"Exactly!" Lucas whisper-shouted.

"Class is about to end in 5 minutes. Before the bell rings, I have an announcement." the teacher spoke.

"This can't be homework—please, don't be homework!" Lucas bowed his head on the desk.

"You really hate Math, huh?" Mike chuckled.

"It's shit." Lucas replied, still having his head bowed down.

"Do pages number 126 to 137 for your homework. You can have a partner if you can't do all of it alone." the teacher announced.

"I knew it," Lucas groaned. They both saw Max from the distance, mouthing something to Lucas. He nodded, which made Max smirk.

"What is it?" Mike asked Lucas.

"We're pairing," he simply said in response.

"What? So what now—I can't do this alone!" Mike whined.

"Will exists for a reason." Lucas smirked. Mike frowned about the fact that he's unable to understand things.

The bell suddenly rang. "Class dismissed."

Everybody got up and packed their things before leaving. Lucas quickly got up, walked over to Max and put his arm around her shoulders and left together.

Will slowly glanced at a Mike Wheeler who has a bad look plastered on his face. Will shrugged and was about to leave, but Mike called his name.

"Will," Mike followed him.

"Yeah?" Will awkwardly asks.

"I know you need a partner. You can't do this alone," he bit his lip.

"Okay..?" Will raised a brow.

"Just come with me. At my house." Mike said and walked out of the classroom since he knows that Will will follow him either way.

***

The two has arrived at Mike's empty house. He first went to the pantry to get a few snacks before bringing Will to his bedroom.

Mike sat on his bed, while Will preferred on the floor. They opened their books to the pages they're assigned to do. Will kept flipping the 11 pages and stares at it.

"Ugh," he groans. "I can't do this, Mike. There's no way that I'll be able to solve these—"

"Shut it, Will. That's exactly why I asked you to become my partner—to help you. To help each other."

Mike knows a lot in Math since it's one of his favorite subjects. He told Will to be seated on the bed with him so it wouldn't be too hard for the both of them.

Mike started to do the talking, with a Will Byers who's barely listening. He's just admiring Mike's beautiful features.

Will has had a crush on Mike since 6th grade, but tries so hard to hide it by acting like he doesn't give a shit about him. Out of all of his friends, Lucas is the only one who knows.