Chapter 5

Sonic and The Harmony of Chaos

Ch. 7

By: Cutegirlmayra (Avengers... assemble! lol)

Rouge watched as tiny lights seemed to drop from the hole in the sun like golden tears, which were growing larger, but as she squinted to try and see her hand immediately shot up from the pain of looking directly at the sun on her eyes. It gave her some relief, but only for a moment. "Curse this Goddess!" she rubbed her eyes, closing them as the light of those dots got bigger and brighter. "What is she doing to our world!?"

"Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you."

Rouge blinked her eyes open at the voice, and turned to see a figure standing directly in the harsh sunlight, her silhouette burning as though Rouge was directly standing in front of a hovering fire.

"B-Blaze?" she wasn't ever formally introduced to her, at least, not that she could remember well. So when the purple blazing cat finally landed, and the Sol Emeralds landed to her feet, Rouge was in a bit of awe. "Well, you put a new definition to 'spotlight entrance' don't you?" Rouge smiled and put her hands to her hips, the light dimming back to normal as Blaze had already powered down.

"My apologies again." She decided to not point out any previous meetings, since she didn't know Rouge that well anyway, and mostly has heard things about her. "I got your message, but found that the dark hole seemed to be leaking dimensional energy. Something is draining the sun and somehow, it connected multiple worlds together." She pivoted back to the sun, squinting her eyes to it. "There were others... I suspect they'll be here soon."

"Good. They better be." Rouge walked up to stand by her side, bending down as discreetly as she could to check out the new 'shiny gems' Blaze just happened to bring with her. Her eyes glittered at their shine in the light... And a devilish smirk crossed her thieving, eyeing lips. "Interesting... Do these act as Chaos Emeralds in your world?"

"Somewhat." Blaze didn't feel like explaining, but finally had to pull her eyes away from the sun and rubbed them subtly. As she did so, Rouge took the opportunity to store one down her heart-shaped suit, but Blaze was quick to grab her hand before she could drop it.

"Oh pooh." Rouge sighed out, pouting. "Seems someone caught me."

Blaze just held an intense stare as Blaze saw the Sol Emeralds fly back up and gather to Blaze. She let the one in her hand also go as Blaze stored them away. "Silver had warned me of your tendencies. He had to deal with something... but is prepared to meet here as well."

"Oh? And who would tell him that?" she put her hands to her hips and continued to look annoyed, side-eyeing Blaze in contempt.

"Shadow told him."

She kicked the ground and brought a shaking fist up, her eyebrows growing strongly defined, "That lousy-!" she mumbled more under her breath in her fury, but Blaze just seemed to note her as someone not worth paying extra attention to in those matters. Now that she had the Sol Emeralds safely rounded up, she just had to make sure Rouge didn't try and swipe them again.

Friend or foe..? A good question, but she did ask for Blaze to arrive here...

Blaze looked around, "Our planets are dying... we should look for signs of slowing the process down and destroy it's source..."

Rouge suddenly stopped her tantrum in surprise, "Ours..? You mean... it's not just our world?" That was shocking to say the least. 'Hmm...' she suddenly stood straight and thought immensely to herself, turning serious in her questioning. 'Could Harmony have links to other worlds? Or is she spreading out her awful, energy-sucking aura to lessen the effects of simply draining this one alone..? It seems more likely that maybe... those ancient manuscripts Shadow found... could Chaos and Harmony have created many planet eggs and thereby, having many worlds connected to Harmony's life-giving power?' Each and every one of these thoughts could have dire consequences, and Rouge just hoped they weren't too late in rescuing their chances of survival.