2 ~ Twenty- four

2 𝑥 12 ~ 𝑀𝑎𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑝𝑙𝑎𝑛 __________________________

2 𝑥 12 ~ 𝑀𝑎𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑝𝑙𝑎𝑛
__________________________

Derek's PoV

"How certain are you?" Peter asked me as we walked through the school,

"Very, everything about the insurance report, seemed off... like there was something more," I told him,

"But to assume a werewolf killed Thomas... that's a reach," Peter muttered solemnly,

"But..." I started to say,

"But it's not impossible," Peter said more to himself then me, he looked over as we started to head towards the locker room, "and given what's coming, we can only assume his death had something to with it. Thomas became an alpha after we finished school, around the time Leo was born, five years later..."

"He and wife died in car, but somehow Leo, who was in the same car miraculously survived," I added, "and now, an actual pack of alphas are on their way here,"

"And if I'm right, which I usual am..." Peter said confidently, which made me roll my eyes, "...something tells me that they aren't only here for you,"

"And what about that dream, Leo told me he had when Lydia poison them?" I asked him desperately hoping for an answer, "he said his father was arguing with a female werewolf,"

"Thomas had a fairly large pack, it could have been anyone," Peter said dismissing me, however, I refused to take that, "plus he was poisoned,"

"But why Leo? What does he have that they could want?" I snapped at Peter,

"Getting protective aren't we Derek?" Peter said egging me on, so I huffed but didn't respond, "don't worry, I am as well, I made a promise to a friend that I would protect his son, like he was my own,"

Peter slowed his pace, so I did the same and looked over at him. His expression was serious, and his eyes were stern. On rare occasion I couldn't see through the layers of distrust and malcontent in them, but right now I could feel he was being genuine and serious.

"I promise you Derek, I will protect Leo, no harm will come to him as long as I'm still here," Peter said confidently to me,

"Huh? You almost sounded like a father," I said with scoff, Peter looked off then back to me, his face changed back to its usually untrustworthy one,

"Who knows," Peter said before walking off, and I could hear the smirk in his voice, "maybe I am,"

•••

Leo's PoV

Scott, Isaac and I changed and waited around as the other players and people started to leave the gym. Stiles' dad came and told us everything he could despite the shakiness in his voice.

"I got to meet with the medical examiner and try to figure out what happened with Jackson. I've got an APB out on Stiles. His jeep is still in the parking lot, so that means..." he started to say but stopped, his professionalism started to slip away when it came to his son, "the hell, I don't know what that means. Um... look, if he answers his phone, if he answers his emails, if any one of you see him..."